Raw Editor?

Fast Lane!

Is there a raw editor, namely in my case for records?  I want to insert responsive html elements with css (and javascript such as ads) into the records (in my case are articles).  The WYSIWIG editor doesn't work for this at all.  I have to manually paste code directly into the MySQL database... not ideal.  A raw mode to privileged user would solve this (able to post raw html).

Hi there, 

If your member group (presumably admin group) can post HTML then there is normally a toggle visible in the text editor that cycles between WYSIWYG and raw source code.

Or maybe you're looking for the the allow HTML setting when creating a new Field? I noticed if you edit the existing Content field, there is no similar setting, but if you create a NEW field it is available right at the bottom of the settings (ALLOW HTML) and says this once toggled:

When enabled, users with permission to edit this field will be able to post raw HTML. Allowing users to post HTML is extremely dangerous and malicious users can use the feature to damage your site. It is strongly recommended that this feature is not enabled at all, or only for trusted staff groups

Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Hi there, 

If your member group (presumably admin group) can post HTML then there is normally a toggle visible in the text editor that cycles between WYSIWYG and raw source code.

Or maybe you're looking for the the allow HTML setting when creating a new Field? I noticed if you edit the existing Content field, there is no similar setting, but if you create a NEW field it is available right at the bottom of the settings (ALLOW HTML) and says this once toggled:

Hope this helps!

This is exactly what I was looking for!!  Thanks!

Archived