Jump to content
You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

[Dark / Light] Fluent Design Theme Edition - Topic Support


aXenDev

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, SUBRTX said:

Hey, man, can you tell me which button and text are these...can save me a lot of time...there is just too many option to try

image.png.8fa975147fd2c8d656b4ae8acb600c75.png

image.thumb.png.2aa9945131d2610da146b0dc74f577c5.png

in store page in dark mode, you can not see what you type in these 3 box..unless you switch to light mode.

Im on default mode, just change this

image.png.b93a171eda934a889253d64032adfb90.png

 

In a PM, give me the account where I can reproduce this error. The bug was in version 2.0.0, but I may have forgotten to fix it in this version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, aXenDev said:

What version did you update the theme from? In this version I didn't do anything that could affect this behavior.

We keep the theme updated as often as possible, so it would be the prior version number to the current one.  I did manage to get this issue fixed by disabling rocketloader, so we'll be okay for now.  I'm not noticing any slow page speeds, just a little odd that it started struggling with making sure the stored settings loaded with the page.

 

Edited by ahc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I'd like to know if you can help me with the correct CSS for the Fluent theme to allow my sub-forums to stack on-top of one another on the homepage. For example, instead of my sub-forums being seperated like this: Community Discussion, Support, Moderator Announcements, Forum News, Technical Reports I would like it to display like this instead:

Community Discussion

Support

Moderator Announcements

Forum News

Technical Reports

----

Also, I don't want the commas appearing after the text like how it is currently separated in the default layout so once I have it set up so that the sub-forums stack, I don't want the commas there.

Edited by typography
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, typography said:

I'd like to know if you can help me with the correct CSS for the Fluent theme to allow my sub-forums to stack on-top of one another on the homepage. For example, instead of my sub-forums being seperated like this: Community Discussion, Support, Moderator Announcements, Forum News, Technical Reports I would like it to display like this instead:

Community Discussion

Support

Moderator Announcements

Forum News

Technical Reports

image.png.7f8766b17a6f9077f1fef052607b4753.png

5 hours ago, typography said:

Also, I don't want the commas appearing after the text like how it is currently separated in the default layout so once I have it set up so that the sub-forums stack, I don't want the commas there.

.ipsDataItem_subList li a:after {
    content: '';
}

 

Edited by aXenDev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loving the theme, the options with the theme settings are plentiful. Crisp and clean but there is a lot of questions that I have, suggestions and feedback. 

I have bought the theme with the soul intention of switching over to this in due course but I'm in two minds at the moment for a few reasons. Mainly usability.

Switching from dark to light is very snappy, however, when in dark mode and switching page, it auto loads the light style before quickly loading the dark style - which is the default we have set. Is there anyway to stop this at all? I noticed a previous post on this topic referring to it and an update released?

I just bought and installed this yesterday and from within ACP marketplace and it's still doing it (see below).

If we have 2 menu items from pages, then the code for fontawesome is inserted as per guide

nav .ipsNavBar_primary li[data-navext="Pages"] a::before {content: "\f03d" !important;}

However, every page receives this, as all Pages are the same navext with seperate id's, this is also the same for customitem (link to the page). Unless I'm missing some obvious? So they end up having the exact same font awesome.

Also I have two menu items

nav .ipsNavBar_primary li[data-navext="Videos"] a::before {content: "\f03d" !important;}

If I use f167 (YouTube), it "will not" show the fontawesome but fo3d "will" show without issue? No change to the code other than the unicode.

nav .ipsNavBar_primary li[data-navext="Pages"] a::before {content: "\f518" !important;}

The above works fine and shows an open book but if I use f266 (wikipedia) it will not show?

Not sure what all the options are within theme settings, an explanation of all the settings, and what they do would be great. The PDF guide is great but lacks a lot of information on all the different options. For example, what does "Enable shrink forum names?" do exactly?

For the life of me, I'm struggling to understand why the footer is within language translation? That is really strange. It should be within the theme settings for footer (all other themes have it there).

Same feedback for Highlight block in profile and slider, these should all be within theme settings, without the need to go into languages and translation. Everything theme related, should be editable within the theme and not having to go elsewhere to edit.

I don't seem to be able to find a setting for ipsbox ipspad? It seems to have been removed? If you have no background image, you can select the background colour and it looks OK. However, if you have a background image and as there is no class="ipsBox ipsPad. The it is simple text on the background (whether colour or image background) and it doesn't look good.

Example, current theme

61afb8739a80410ba6e981a2a23a01b4.thumb.png.4dd4f779c238d811bfd67276beef3afb.png

Your theme 

590a426f821099a326e8a571e3c119e1.thumb.png.6bab866478b164bd4ae19e4453307a5c.png
 

Page built using page builder (current theme)

e9b6bbe038f184bd04c366c2ad25eddd.png.330624421ee9025155048aef084f0709.png

Your theme

c47cd97712985f7e6125821a3432d0c2.png.ce18e6f3238aa75db9b65acac74cf073.png

Just not as sleek imho.

Topics, and inserting internal links on dark theme, all embeds are from the light version of the theme and not dark. This may be intentional but doesn't suit a dark theme.

27be8f19bb0e12f50fffe9308a20d4c2.png.5544b294c252d16288c47fb09f46906e.png

I was looking at copyright removal and I don't mind paying to remove it, $30/$40 is about the going rate but no other theme supplier is charging a copyright renewal fee every 6 months, to maintain the removal that I'm aware of?

Actually makes me not want to purchase copyright removal, resulting in you losing out on revenue.

The renewal is $14.99 every 6 months, and then 199.99pln for copyright removal (roughly $54) then every 6 months 99.99pln ($27.00 at current exchange rate) for copyright removal totalling $41.99 every 6 months.

That is more than IPS are charging for renewal of forum and pages.

Not being negative, just supplying honest and constructive feedback/criticism. I'm a Scotsman and quite forward with my wording at times, it's not intended how it can come across at times but on this occasion, it seems to me to be taken the ****.

There's a lot right with the theme and there's a lot wrong with it, especially for what you're charging.

Edited by craigf136
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

Switching from dark to light is very snappy, however, when in dark mode and switching page, it auto loads the light style before quickly loading the dark style - which is the default we have set. Is there anyway to stop this at all? I noticed a previous post on this topic referring to it and an update released?

This bug has been fixed. If you using CloudFlare turn off Rocket Loader.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

However, every page receives this, as all Pages are the same navext with seperate id's, this is also the same for customitem (link to the page). Unless I'm missing some obvious? So they end up having the exact same font awesome.

I'm going to complete the documentation in a future version so that everyone can fine-tune their own icons.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

If I use f167 (YouTube), it "will not" show the fontawesome but fo3d "will" show without issue? No change to the code other than the unicode.

The free version of Font Awesome 5 sometimes requires adding bold text:

nav .ipsNavBar_primary li[data-navext="Videos"] a::before {content: "\f03d" !important; font-weight: bold;}

 

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

Not sure what all the options are within theme settings, an explanation of all the settings, and what they do would be great. The PDF guide is great but lacks a lot of information on all the different options. For example, what does "Enable shrink forum names?" do exactly?

You're right! I will correct it in the next version.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

For the life of me, I'm struggling to understand why the footer is within language translation? That is really strange. It should be within the theme settings for footer (all other themes have it there).

Developer tools do not allow you to add this option in themes, but in separate applications it does. This may change with future IPS releases.
Meme Kombucha GIF

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

I don't seem to be able to find a setting for ipsbox ipspad? It seems to have been removed? If you have no background image, you can select the background colour and it looks OK. However, if you have a background image and as there is no class="ipsBox ipsPad. The it is simple text on the background (whether colour or image background) and it doesn't look good.

I don't really understand what you gave about these examples. I will certainly understand better if you show me your website in a PM.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

Topics, and inserting internal links on dark theme, all embeds are from the light version of the theme and not dark. This may be intentional but doesn't suit a dark theme.

The theme cannot affect HTML attributes that are wrapped in a frame.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

I was looking at copyright removal and I don't mind paying to remove it, $30/$40 is about the going rate but no other theme supplier is charging a copyright renewal fee every 6 months, to maintain the removal that I'm aware of?

Actually makes me not want to purchase copyright removal, resulting in you losing out on revenue.

I don't know where you saw this information, but you can buy copyright removal here: https://forum.invisionize.pl/files/file/816-axen-copyright-removal/ The payment is one-time.
@DawPi is the site administrator.

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

There's a lot right with the theme and there's a lot wrong with it, especially for what you're charging.

It depends on many factors in your forum. The theme is based on the default IPS theme with addons to optimize the website.

Edited by aXenDev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

This bug has been fixed. If you using CloudFlare turn off Rocket Loader.

Thank you, doesn't seem to happen when clicking links now but clicking logo it does still seem to happen?

22 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

I'm going to complete the documentation in a future version so that everyone can fine-tune their own icons.

 

22 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

The free version of Font Awesome 5 sometimes requires adding bold text:

Thank you

23 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

Developer tools do not allow you to add this option in themes, but in separate applications it does. This may change with future IPS releases.

Current theme, uses mega footer editable in theme settings. It's not a seperate application/plugin.

6271d46d5aba6efc40b5684c46427d4a.thumb.png.8bd9bb81f1d8874bd83555b14310540a.png

27 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

The theme cannot affect HTML attributes that are wrapped in a frame.

The code is calling ipsAreaBackground_light at the top

<div class="ipsRichEmbed_header ipsAreaBackground_light ipsClearfix">

at the bottom it's calling

.ipsPadding\:double {
    padding: var(--sp-8) !important;
}

The bottom would just need a background colour css call for light or dark ipsAreaBackground?

31 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

I don't know where you saw this information, but you can buy copyright removal here: https://forum.invisionize.pl/files/file/816-axen-copyright-removal/
@DawPi is the site administrator.

Apologies I have completely misread, 199.99 for copyright removal, no renewal. 99.99 is the theme renewal every 6 months.

 

35 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

I don't really understand what you gave about these examples. I will certainly understand better if you show me your website in a PM.

I'll PM you a link and login details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

Current theme, uses mega footer editable in theme settings. It's not a seperate application/plugin.

But it doesn't allow you to edit blocks for a given language.

31 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

Thank you, doesn't seem to happen when clicking links now but clicking logo it does still seem to happen?

I'll check this issue again.

33 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

The code is calling ipsAreaBackground_light at the top

Yes, but this code is in separate html.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've purchased your theme, which is pretty awesome.  The only issue I seem to be having is when the dark theme is selected, it changes back to light after two page views.  Any ideas on why this is happening? 

I do use cloudflare but having rocketloading set to off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, rnorth6920 said:

I've purchased your theme, which is pretty awesome.  The only issue I seem to be having is when the dark theme is selected, it changes back to light after two page views.  Any ideas on why this is happening? 

I do use cloudflare but having rocketloading set to off. 

I'm still checking why this is the behavior. I noticed that the same is true for Google services such as YouTube. I will contact you on the subject when I find a solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aXenDev said:

@rnorth6920I find this bug about dark theme. I hope will fixed in next release version 3.1.6 on this week.

Thank you!! 

Can I offer a suggestion too?  How about the option to use two different logos?  One for the day setting and another for the night?  I ask because not all logos look good with both settings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, aXenDev said:

@rnorth6920 @craigf136 I find this bug about dark theme. I hope will fixed in next release version 3.1.6 on this week.

Thank you, I'll be in touch as I have a couple of questions/suggestions. The main one being able to move the userbar below the navigation bar and moving navigation above. Disabling the header and inserting the logo into the main navigation and making the main navigation sticky. As you can see, I have I copy of the fluent theme saved for customising and this I what I'm looking to achieve.

However, theme updates are going to break it.

Would be easier if it was part of the default or indeed a seperate theme.

Having the option to have multiple image backgrounds, at the moment it's one for dark and one for light.

Having the option to have ipsLayout_contentArea with a dark background and ability to have breadcrumb and social icons within this. As when you have an image background all text within a page is on has no background at all.

ipsLayout_contentArea / ipsLayout_contentWrapper / breadcrumb / social icons

a76634d0e4dbbf592a3fc0ffbb62f659.thumb.png.9c35e6d62774f74ea910fabdd0b283c0.png

Fluent standard (no image background) - which looks fine with no image background

bf56742eac46fb56f271c0f2ac4302a3.thumb.png.a2e4659005b74eb478f1ec3356cf158b.png

With image background 

4dc060148d524486e6de2125b52c0b15.thumb.jpg.91313bfa837ad7676b3f34e878df10b3.jpg

This is due to content wrapper having nothing associated to it from what I can see.

I'm happy to have a chat with you anytime, PM or discord etc.

Edited by craigf136
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey aXen, me again.  😔

We just updated to 3.1.6 and now users can't switch between the light/dark theme, and the custom color they select reverts to default when they refresh or leave the page.

I went in to look at all the changes from the last version, and I noticed you changed the coding for the cookies and whatnot.  We used custom cookie names within the theme settings, so is this what is causing the issue?  Do we need to revert the names back?

401fef5d14a1201285cc13b1808894fd.png
 

8396ad2edd1381c8f07a74655e37b4b3.png
 

I did choose all of the new versions of the templates and go back and add in our custom coding again.  If the cookies are not the issue, I may have fudged up and removed something you added without realizing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ahc said:

Hey aXen, me again.  😔

We just updated to 3.1.6 and now users can't switch between the light/dark theme, and the custom color they select reverts to default when they refresh or leave the page.

I went in to look at all the changes from the last version, and I noticed you changed the coding for the cookies and whatnot.  We used custom cookie names within the theme settings, so is this what is causing the issue?  Do we need to revert the names back?

401fef5d14a1201285cc13b1808894fd.png
 

8396ad2edd1381c8f07a74655e37b4b3.png
 

I did choose all of the new versions of the templates and go back and add in our custom coding again.  If the cookies are not the issue, I may have fudged up and removed something you added without realizing.

This bug will be fixed in version 3.1.7.
image.png.0631f45e3812d6ddcee1d76816b8fc40.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aXenDev said:

This bug will be fixed in version 3.1.7.
image.png.0631f45e3812d6ddcee1d76816b8fc40.png

Ooo awesome!  I was afraid I had deleted something important and would need to fresh install.  I'll look out for the update notification in the ACP.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @aXenDev, found a bug with responsive viewport sizes.

I have some members testing and they have different screens sizes and reported this issue, so I did a little test and couldn't replicate the issue on screen size such as 1360x768, 1280x1024.

So I did a window snap, and it correctly switched to mobile view on all screen resolutions. However, if you increase the window size by dragging it across to more than half the screen for example, it doesn't resize correctly.

I have tested this on my site and repeated all the time, I have tested this on @byMarcoXwebsite (as a user who uses this theme) and repeated all the time. Using Chrome Version Version 88.0.4324.190, repeatable in Edge but nowhere near as bad as Chrome or Firefox - actually miniscule in Edge.

As you can see horizontal scroll bar appears, it then disappears after a little while. The main content area isn't centred and the space on the left is a lot more than on the right. Until you increase the size more and it all aligns correctly.

As mentioned, repeated on @byMarcoX website - https://larascasse.fr/forum/ 

Edited by craigf136
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, craigf136 said:

Hi @aXenDev, found a bug with responsive viewport sizes.

I have some members testing and they have different screens sizes and reported this issue, so I did a little test and couldn't replicate the issue on screen size such as 1360x768, 1280x1024.

So I did a window snap, and it correctly switched to mobile view on all screen resolutions. However, if you increase the window size by dragging it across to more than half the screen for example, it doesn't resize correctly.

I have tested this on my site and repeated all the time, I have tested this on @byMarcoXwebsite (as a user who uses this theme) and repeated all the time. Using Chrome Version Version 88.0.4324.190, repeatable in Edge but nowhere near as bad as Chrome or Firefox - actually miniscule in Edge.

As you can see horizontal scroll bar appears, it then disappears after a little while. The main content area isn't centred and the space on the left is a lot more than on the right. Until you increase the size more and it all aligns correctly.

As mentioned, repeated on @byMarcoX website - https://larascasse.fr/forum/ 

 

When do you disable ads, the error still occurs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy