Our Pick Enhancements (Support Topic)

v1.02

Changes and Fixes

• Fixed: Cover Pick Columns would not resize to selected column sizes. This should work as expected now.
  • Changed: Cover images have been updated to work with Lazy Load correctly.
  • Added: Option not to show extra cover images with Our Picks main page.
  • fixed: Couple other minor issues.

2 hours ago, Bluto said:

Just uploaded this, no matter which column I choose, it only shows 1 column which is only on the left side of the page.

Did you uninstall the previous version or updated the html template within the theme?

Can you give me a link to your website?

Edited by TDBF
3 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Did you uninstall the previous version or updated the html template within the theme?

I didn't have it installed.  I think I had it installed at one point in the past, but I didn't have it installed currently.

I just uninstalled it and tried it again, same issue.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Pretty cool!

Any idea why the selections on my Our Picks page does not show the featured images or Topic titles?

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/ourpicks/

3 hours ago, Noble~ said:

I have the same issue

Our Pick Enhancements v1.03.xml

Can you both test this for me, and let me know if it fixes the issue that you are both having please?

Cheers,

Had a look for you and sent you a PM as to why this wasn't working for you. 🙂

If anyone else has an issue where your Promoted images are not showing as expected, this is due to no default promoted image. You will have to edit your Manage Promoted Items and select a default image.

Version 1.04 Brings new features and some bug fixes (Yes, I skipped v1.03 because it was used as a testing version).

• Fix: Sometimes the promoted and custom images would not show due a coding error,
  • Fix: the Extra promoted images width and height were in correct and looked out of place. These extra images will scale correctly or a lot better than previous version,
  • Changed: The settings area refactored to be easier to navigate. This was done because the large amount of changes to this plug-in,
  • Added: The Our Picks Page Title can now be hidden via settings,
  • Added: The padding around the promoted boxes can now be removed via the settings,
  • Added, The grey background image be removed via the settings,
  • Added: The borders and shadows around the promoted item boxes can be removed via settings,
  • Added: The Our Pick promoted and custom images can be toggled off via the settings,
  • Added: You can now use a random background colour for the Header Box.
  • Added: The Our Picks box Area background, promoted item background, title and text can be recoloured via the settings.  These options can be disabled to use your theme colours.
  • Fixes: Changes to the templates and code to fix other minor issues or bugs.

v1.05

• Fix: Pick titles were broken if new comment was made to the original item/topic/article.
  • Changed: Topic titles are now shortened to 2 lines rather than 1,
  • Fix: The grey background colour was visible on custom themes even with 'Use Theme Colors' toggled on,
  • Fix: Our Pick Cover images with some custom themes would not be displayed as expected.

Thanks to @breatheheavy for his help over the last few days. Helped iron out a few issues with this plugin.

Edited by TDBF
10 minutes ago, TDBF said:

v1.05

• Fix: Pick titles were broken if new comment was made to the original item/topic/article.
  • Changed: Topic titles are now shortened to 2 lines rather than 1,
  • Fix: The grey background colour was visible on custom themes even with 'Use Theme Colors' toggled on,
  • Fix: Our Pick Cover images with some custom themes would not be displayed as expected.

Thanks to @breatheheavy for his help over the last few days. Helped iron out a few issues with this plugin.

Thank you for all your help as well!!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day @TDBF

I trust you are doing well and having a nice weekend. I am contacting you because I found a bug on Our Pick Enhancements plugin that you created.

I believe the plugin does not support 4.7, and that might be the problem. I am not sure when I started to have this issue but I had a block on my homepage displaying the latest Our Picks. The block cannot be seen now, it's happened for a few weeks now. It's blank, see the attachment.

Could contain: Text, Page, Electronics

I reported this problem in the support channel and they requested to disable all apps/plugins. I went one by one until I reached Our Pick Enhancements 1.0.7. I disabled it and now I can see Our Picks block. For some reason, it's not working when enabled. I am currently running v4.7.0 Beta 5.

Thanks a lot

• 3 months later...