Dates AWOL after 4.4.6 to 4.4.7 Upgrade Fixed in 4.4.8

Woodsman

15 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Well, I would still point out that we have not received a single report from any other users regarding the issue you've mentioned here. I suppose if someone is experiencing it, then yes upgrade to 4.4.8 ... but I am not aware of any general issue here that users need to watch out for.

This may be due to it being a localhost issue where they know they can't get support.

Good Example... I never brought up 3.4.7 to 4.4.0 thru 4.4.4 not upgrading just getting a blank red error box on my localhost. No error to follow.

4.4.5 I can't say anything about due to computer and ISP issues at the time. 3.4.7 to 4.4.6 did in fact upgrade again without a hitch. But again being in a local environment submitting a ticket would have been fruitless.

I'm not really sure if I am the only one experiencing this but apparently I am the only one making noise about it by the numbers of people viewing. Now are they all having this issue? Hard to say. Will this happen on a live server? Can't answer that either now that my live is running 4.4.6 now looking at 4.4.8.

It comes down to this. Throughout the past the results I get on my local can usually be expected live with the exception of one host.

If this topic helps 1 person out there and no other we are ahead of the game is the way I figure it.

• Management
16 hours ago, Woodsman said:

Well it was a 4.4.7 glitch because the dates are back.

This issue is fixed in 4.4.8 but is still an issue in 4.4.7.

The upgrade here is from a 4.4.6 to 4.4.8 upgrade

I think @Matt and @Lindy owe me a gallon of gorilla glue to glue my beard and hair back.

I'm happy to replenish your supply... you likely need it to hold that Dodge together anyway. 😉 

Seriously though - as mentioned, if we have a way to diagnose an issue, we're happy to take a look. Like Brandon, I haven't seen this come up either. 

9 hours ago, Lindy said:

I'm happy to replenish your supply... you likely need it to hold that Dodge together anyway. 😉 

Seriously though - as mentioned, if we have a way to diagnose an issue, we're happy to take a look. Like Brandon, I haven't seen this come up either. 

Actually you do have a way. Its called TeamViewer (my latest favorite). I do in deed understand your reasons for not using it. Repercussions from those that would make poor claims against you while using it. But the truth in the matter is (1) the client themselves would need install the remote app to initiate the service. (2) They themselves would be giving consent by giving the tech as in Brandon the pass code for access. It is the responsibility of the client to guide the tech to the correct drive and directory. If for some strange reason a tech would go off coarse he has the kill switch which I believe this is where your fear lies, accusation of going where you shouldn't. Again that (I won't say can't) should not happen if both parties are aware of the boundaries especially the client.

I personally have used these remote access applications many times in the past from both sides in the last 8 to 10 years. The most recent an attorneys computer. Let me tell you this was slick he gave me access, I cleaned up his system of malicious software and junk files that were dragging him down right from here and the comfort of my own desk without driving 73 miles one way.
A few years ago I was involved with a project where I built a software to link to a transceiver. Again using this remote access the person that built the hardware and I were able to get it up, running and tuned perfectly and again with me living here in Ripon, Wi and him 80 miles away in Oconomowoc,Wi. Unfortunately there was a 3rd partner that could not stop shooting his mouth off which caused us to flat out walk away. To bad this happened because it could have made any state like Wisconsin create revenue for local, state and federal roads, highways and interstates and not raise taxes but lower them for the taxpayer.

Here's a good read...

https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/355572/the-best-remote-access-software

Archived