Dates AWOL after 4.4.6 to 4.4.7 Upgrade Fixed in 4.4.8

Woodsman

This is one area that is driving me nuts. Has anyone else run into this? Or is this a bug?

After a 3.4.7 upgrade to 4.4.6 test install on the Localhost the upgrade went fine with no issues. But after a 4.4.6 to 4.4.7 upgrade for example the Join Dates are AWOL.
Being this is not a theme issue (no themes installed) I have looked in the core files and compared every file with WinMerge that could have any possible link to this with absolutely no luck.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong files? Has anyone else run into this issue with the upgrade.

scored-4.4.6-test-issue.thumb.png.d783b952f6292a9e5ed913f474d3c4de.png

scored-4.4.7-test-issue.thumb.png.490d3a685ec80da0123e1d4ed9cc2adf.png

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

Run the support tool (including letting it disable third party customizations and apply a new unmodified theme), and if you are still experiencing the same issue afterwards go ahead and submit a ticket.

Thanks @bfarber,

I ran the support tool  a quite a few times as you state including disable customization's also manually deleted all content in the datastore directory with no luck. Also nothing showing in the error logs wamp or software.

Strange thing is this happened on all 4.4.6 to 4.4.7 test upgrades even those that started out as a fresh 4.4.6 install. 

Support ticket won't help this is on a localhost environment. Too bad you are not allowed to have give you access via Team Viewer to see it in operation. 

1 hour ago, Adlago said:

@bfarberThere are  '' " per td class in the ACP Members page columns.

members.png.ba92ab7ed6ebb17578ce358f66ca5f11.png

@WoodsmanHave you tried ACP login through another browser, or have you removed the cache on your browser?

The class (or in this case the empty class attribute) shouldn't matter.

3 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

@Adlago,

Thanks but yes I tried 3 browsers all with the same output. Firefox Dev edition, Chrome, Edge and Fire Fox Standard.

Same issues.

Do you see the date in the HTML source code?

2 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Let me back up on that. If you are referring to Inspect Element then No.

Yea, this was the one I was referring to 🙂 Thanks for clarification.

I'm missing here some details🙂

• The values are still present in the core_members table. Can you confirm that ALL members have a value in the joined column?
  • Is it only missing in the backend in the list? When viewing the ACP members profile, is it present? Is the join date shown on the members profile in the frontend?

As for the mysql database core_members all members have the unix date stamp.

In the ACP - per any member profile there is a join date.

Where it seems to be missing is in the ACP members list as shown, and a custom field (custom template) in the members author pane profile.

4 hours ago, Adlago said:

It only matters for editing an errors code in next release, that's why I pointed it out.

It's not an error. An empty class attribute is valid HTML (if unnecessary, technically).

Woodsman - do you have more than one language? If so, perhaps you are using an outdated language pack for the AdminCP that is causing this issue. Quite odd really, as no one else has reported this issue and I can't reproduce at all. If you get a web-accessible server with the problem available we'd be happy to take a look.

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

Woodsman - do you have more than one language? If so, perhaps you are using an outdated language pack for the AdminCP that is causing this issue. Quite odd really, as no one else has reported this issue and I can't reproduce at all. If you get a web-accessible server with the problem available we'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks Brandon,

I retested both, it does not matter if I use the default language pack or the custom pack. Issue is still the same. No Joined Date.

I just this minute installed a fresh 4.4.7-test site then tried to download a fresh language pack. English (USA)

lang-error-4.4.7-1.thumb.png.88605759dbdefcf6ac4cc6c43ed637fe.png

I created a duplicate language pack English (USA-1) Same error.

Then for the hell of it I went back to the test site in question and I was able to download both the default pack as well as the custom.

4.4.7-lang-xml.thumb.png.b18b6b44bfe323c90a9dbd6c09066455.png

Well after 3 failed installs of XAMPP I guess it don't like me anymore. It probably had a private discussion with @Lindy not to Like me... Just Kidding.

But I did perform 3 page source checks  the 1st being the 4.4.7 testboard in question. The 2nd from a 4.4.6 testboard and the 3rd from the 4.4.6 live board. All 3 members selections taken from approximately around line 2350 ~ 2621 or so. Notice Line 9 in 4.4.7 the joined date date is missing whereas it is here in both 4.4.6 source files. What else am I not seeing here. I need to know where in the test forum root files I can these html files. I am getting ready to start pulling my beard out. 

No. 1 4.4.7 testboard. 4.4.7 testboard-2.txt

No. 2 4.4.6 testboard. 4.4.6 testboard-2.txt

No.3 4.4.6 live board. 4.4.6liveboard-3.txt

Thanks @Daniel F,

Well every test upgrade I tested from a 4.6.6 to 4.4.7 failed.

At first I thought it had to do with the 3.4.7 upgrade but that was not the case this also happened with a fresh install of 4.6.6 as well.

But being we are on a localhost and you not being allowed to view the issues via TeamViewer I won't be able to get actual support to see this. 

@bfarber, I agree and this is what I said here. The only real reason are for those with 4.4.7 and the same issue. 

1 hour ago, Woodsman said:

Well it was a 4.4.7 glitch because the dates are back.

This issue is fixed in 4.4.8 but is still an issue in 4.4.7.

The upgrade here is from a 4.4.6 to 4.4.8 upgrade

Archived