Google ads messing up layout?

Square Wheels

I have made no changes to any of my sites.  I have the same themes installed on all sites, use the same Google ad code I've used for years, happens in all themes.  All was fine until a week or two ago.  I make very little from Google, but these are hobby sites, so whatever I can get is needed.

Below are from Chrome.

Ads off

Before.thumb.png.cfd93281d1bf01040a0247d65f2e40ba.png

Ads on

After.thumb.png.741d0348fe6d2546f20ff4a58ee9e659.png

It looks even odder with the purchased themes.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out part of it, Google introduced Auto Ads and turned them on by default.  I turned them off.  I know it can take a little while for it to reset, I reset the ads on Adsense yesterday.

The add displays properly in the footer, but I have a huge blank space at the top of the site now.  It does not matter how I configure it, I have that huge blank space.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I figured out part of it, Google introduced Auto Ads and turned them on by default.  I turned them off.  I know it can take a little while for it to reset, I reset the ads on Adsense yesterday.

The add displays properly in the footer, but I have a huge blank space at the top of the site now.  It does not matter how I configure it, I have that huge blank space.

Any thoughts?

That’s why I mentioned auto ads, glad that was your issue for that part. If you remove the ad code, is the space gone?  What’s happening more then likely is that’s your google tag is displaying the placement with no ad to serve which I think google should stop doing. Try a different browser and clearing your browser cache.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived