About the new support system

Tom S.

I have no problems using the new support system except that now all the old tickets I once had are no longer visible. On occasion, they were useful to look back on when I faced a problem I had previously encountered.

Also, a confusing or concerning aspect, is that you are opting to use Zendesk over your own software. It doesn't demonstrate much faith in your own product (support feature). This probably isn't a fair statement from me as Zendesk is a pretty big player, but just voicing my initial reaction to seeing the change. 

Yeah, I just submitted a ticket, and it's weird being taken to another site that seems rather detached from Invision's own site.  The editor is pretty limited, and you cannot even pick which license you are submitting a ticket for.  No inline images, doesn't look like there's any quoting capabilities, and I received an email simply with [Request received], but no details besides the request # as far as what the ticket is about.  There's not even a link to get directly to the ticket, or even into the Invision client area. 

And it's quite disappointing that the support ticket history seems to be gone.

..Al

There has been a lot of feedback suggesting ways to improve Commerce Support, and none of them were really asking them to be a contender for a Zendesk alternative like one of the Invision staff insinuated when someone else questioned the decision.  I was hoping some improvements would be made in the last 2 years we've been here, things like front-end notifications for ticket replies or admins being assigned to a ticket, members receiving front-end notifications if their tickets were responded to by staff, etc. since we've been asking for this since day 1.  Them moving to Zendesk only confirms the fear that support will forever remain as it is since they now no longer use it themselves, and the responsibility will be dropped on the laps of third party developers like so many other things that you would assume would be in the software by default.

I don't work for them, so I'm not aware of the supposed extreme circumstances that made abandoning your own software to migrate to another make more sense than to improve on what you already have and charge others for, but I'm not here to argue about support numbers.  It is what it is.

We let our license expire until we felt there were substantial improvements that would justify the renewal since we ultimately pay for nothing except small patches that fix Invision's mistakes, not even support. We learned quickly how to solve our own issues since dealing with support often leads people in circles of blaming everyone else. I don't come here often anymore since there's really no need for me to, but each time I do I'm disappointed in most things I see posted here.  The upcoming mobile app was a small glimmer of hope, but not enough to bring us back and restart our license.

We'll probably start the steps to discuss migrating to a different platform by the beginning of 2020. We've already found a contender that checks 99% of our boxes and then some, but we were hoping Invision would catch up at some point to make me feel less guilty about all the money we've put into this software.  They still advertise clubs as a new feature on the landing page when they've existed since we started here, so it's my fault for having higher expectations.  Again, it is what it is.

I do not mind using any other system if it is better and well integrated. The things I do not like:

• I cannot see my old tickets any more
  • There is no rich text editor in the new ticket support.
  • The screenshots are attached at the bottom and not where I reference to them.
  • There is no way to format code properly.

Archived