Moderator Notifications (Support)

Send a personal message to members for selected moderator actions to their content. Such as locking a topic, featuring a calendar event or deleting a forum post.

Features

• Select which item moderator actions a PM will be sent for. E.g. locking, unlocking, hiding, unhiding, deleting, pinning etc..
  • Select which comment moderator actions a PM will be sent for. E.g. hiding, deleting, moving etc...
  • Various quick tags to use in the personal message template sent out.
  • Set a custom message for the move moderator action to include the new item location.
  • Set a custom message for the hide moderator action to include extra details like the hide reason.
  • Set a custom message for the delete moderator action to include the original delete item or comment content.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, jair101 said:

I just bought this and trying it out. Is it possible that when we move a post, the new location is as a link and not just text? Right now it says "your post is moved to this new topic", but it is plain text and the user needs to look for the topic himself, which is not very user friendly.

I assume your referring to the "%container_moved%" quick tag? If you've got ftp access to your files and don't mind testing a new quick tag, I should be able to put together something. I assume you want the topic title still but linked?

On 11/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mike John said:

I assume your referring to the "%container_moved%" quick tag? If you've got ftp access to your files and don't mind testing a new quick tag, I should be able to put together something. I assume you want the topic title still but linked?

I have disabled the ftp access, I will let you know later if I enable it again. But yeah, I want the topic title to be linked to the new place of the comment or if it is not possible to link the comment directly, at least link to the new topic it is in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 12:10 AM, jair101 said:

I have disabled the ftp access, I will let you know later if I enable it again. But yeah, I want the topic title to be linked to the new place of the comment or if it is not possible to link the comment directly, at least link to the new topic it is in. 

https://www.devfuse.com/forums/bugs/other-paid-products/moderator-notifications-add-linked-container-tag-r257/

Will be included next update.

Hi @Mike John

I tried applying the manual change. Admittedly, it is possible that I made some error, I tried editing manually the files, moving items did nothing. Then I edited the xml file, reuploaded it, then for some reason it did not want to save changed settings. I removed it, installed it again with the changes applied and now I receive the following:

Error: Call to a member function url() on bool (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(192): IPS\Content\hook1037->returnPMTagValues(Object(IPS\Member), 'move', Object(IPS\Member), NULL, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(139): IPS\Content\hook1037->_sendPM('move', Object(IPS\Member), NULL)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(3177): IPS\Content\hook1037->move(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), true)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(2011): IPS\Content\_Controller->_multimod('IPS\\forums\\Topi...', Object(IPS\forums\Topic))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(1038): IPS\Content\_Controller->__call('_multimod', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->__call('multimodComment', Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/example.com/public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Again, it might be due to the manual hacking. But it didn't work initially when I tried applying the change manually either. 

Much better now 🙂

Few suggestions, feel free to ignore them as I see that unfortunately the interest in this plugin is not big 😕 . For me it has the potential to be a huge time saver. 

- the moderator who moves/edits/hides the content should be the one pm is coming from. This way if the member has questions, he can directly address them as a reply to the message to the moderator who performed the action

- if it is possible, it will be great if the link points directly to the moved content and not just to the main topic. 

21 hours ago, jair101 said:

Few suggestions, feel free to ignore them as I see that unfortunately the interest in this plugin is not big 😕 . For me it has the potential to be a huge time saver. 

If you don't mind some further "beta testing", I can give you some edits to try and then just include them next update? Both are actually pretty straight forward.

Edited by Mike John
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...