Community

Steve Herschbach

Wish Custom Emoji Listed First Instead Of Last

We're struggling with the same issue.

Even the "Replace :short_codes: with emoji?" and "Replace text with emoji?" do not work as expected when turning off default smileys.

Putting the custom emoji's on top (favorable) or being able to disable some of the default categories would make a huge difference.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, marklcfc said:

That's partly why I don't have emoji enabled

I’ve considered disabling it and may still, which is why I brought it up. I put quite a bit of time into the custom emoji, and they stopped getting used after I enabled the native mode. I had the basics already and it helps enforce cross platform compatibility. Anyway, what I am really hoping is the custom set gets listed first in an update.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anyway, what I am really hoping is the custom set gets listed first

That is actually the only thing that makes sense after all. The only reason one would add custom smileys, is because you want them to be used. It doesn't make any sense to list them miles away in the dungeons of the smileys.

Hey @Matt, do you have any more thoughts on this matter?

Or - in general - what is the regular way of getting such ideas within the IPS radar? Regardless if it gets implemented or not, any IPS response is preferred over just praying.

I want to highlight that there are use cases when the default emojis should be on the top 😉 On my community, I prefer the old and outdated custom emojis at the bottom. This way people will slowly convert to the newer ones without me having to deal with the drama that unfolds when you disable the old emojis. Putting the old ones on top will be like there are no newer ones at all 🙂

In a nutshell: we need an option to organize the categories as we perfer.