Community

Maxxius

IPS Support ticket system. Something's wrong!

We have moved to a new support desk platform to manage client support. If you need any information from an older ticket, let me, or the support team know and we can look it up for you.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

We have moved to a new support desk platform to manage client support. If you need any information from an older ticket, let me, or the support team know and we can look it up for you.

So what you're saying is that the ticket system in Commerce isn't suitable for you? Why not improve on that, and fix whatever needs fixing, instead of switching to a different platform?
I'm fairly certain your needs aren't unique, and changes in that product will benefit others.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great idea! it is like migrate the community without the posts ))) kill all the questions and unsolved bugs, and just make a fresh start!!! BRAVO!!! 

I was just about to ping the support team about 3 acknowledged bugs, you promised to fix already 2-3 releases ago, and so far didn’t, but you just disarmed me ))) because I have no prove those bugs have ever exist and need to create a new tickets )))) 

you should at lest left the access to the old system in read only mode, to respect the people who was reporting and proving the bugs.

Edited by Sergey_SV

Just now, Sergey_SV said:

Great idea! it is like migrate the community without the posts ))) kill all the questions and unsolved bugs, and just make a fresh start!!! BRAVO!!! 

I was just about to ping the support team about 3 acknowledged bugs, you promised to fix already 2-3 releases ago, and so far didn’t, but you just disarmed me ))) because I have no prove those bugs have ever exist and need to create a new tickets )))) 

you should at lest left the access to the old system in read only mode, to respect the people who was reporting and proving the bugs.

Just open a new ticket and I'll make sure all the ticket IDs from Commerce are added.

Our staff still have access to the old ticket desk and nothing has been deleted.

One time for one project we bought the IPS Commerce application just because it contains the support system. It was the best solution for us because it is really useful to have this system in the same service as users already have (cms and forums). If you have a plan to remove the support component from the Commerce app that it be one lower point to the hypothetical specter of tasks that the platform might solve from the box. In this way, if my customer makes an order to creating some simple landing page with support and IPS wouldn't contain some of that - then it will be a serious motivation to choose another framework that has all features needed to minimize the amount of refinement.

Edited by Upgradeovec

Look guys, that I noticed that you can get access to the old tickets if you have direct links to them. Those can be found in email notifications that you receive when IPS support replies and click on button "View Support Request" and get taken to URL similar to this: https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/support/TICKET-ID/

🙂

I saved all my tickets worth saving.

@Upgradeovec nobody said IPS will terminate support ticket system for Commerce customers? Its that IPS just changed their ticket system. That I believe does not change anything to us or the Commerce product.

Edited by Maxxius

3 minutes ago, Upgradeovec said:

If you have a plan to remove the support component from the Commerce app that it be one lower point to the hypothetical specter of tasks that the platform might solve from the box

They will certainly not remove, don't worry. It just can get less attention (Support module I mean).

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

So what you're saying is that the ticket system in Commerce isn't suitable for you? Why not improve on that, and fix whatever needs fixing, instead of switching to a different platform?
I'm fairly certain your needs aren't unique, and changes in that product will benefit others.

We've proudly used Commerce for close to a decade, managing close to a million support tickets. We decided to switch to a dedicated ticket platform so that we can bring our customer support and enterprise support into a single channel.

We *could* spend 6-9 months adding features to Commerce's support desk but really that's not an area we see as growth for us. We want to create the best community platform we can, and creating a product to rival Zendesk isn't a direction we want to take.

Commerce is not having its support desk removed. We do want to refine Commerce in a future release to strip out some of the things not often used (like hosting support) and improve areas which get more use (subscriptions, etc). We still stand by Commerce is an excellent community support desk too.

The simple truth is that we just needed something a little more powerful to manage our growing base of customers.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Just open a new ticket and I'll make sure all the ticket IDs from Commerce are added.

Our staff still have access to the old ticket desk and nothing has been deleted.

ok! just submittet a ticket about lost of all tickets.... lets see how this will fly )))

2 hours ago, Matt said:

and the answer in the new support desk is.... " If you have a ticket number, I can certainly then take a look.

So could you pls give the people temp access to the old system so we at least could copy those numbers?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

...We do want to refine Commerce in a future release to strip out some of the things not often used (like hosting support) and improve areas which get more use (subscriptions, etc)...

I'd be interested in what metrics are used to determine what features are most used.  Some of our favorite things about Commerce aren't really things we've ever had to mention to IPS via ticket, or post about in the forums. 

To that end, if a mailer asking "what Commerce features do you use?" were sent out, I'd gladly provide feedback.

I've stated this in other posts, but our site is entirely Commerce, Pages, and Downloads, so Commerce's growth is important to me.

15 minutes ago, IPCommerceFan said:

I'd be interested in what metrics are used to determine what features are most used.  Some of our favorite things about Commerce aren't really things we've ever had to mention to IPS via ticket, or post about in the forums. 

To that end, if a mailer asking "what Commerce features do you use?" were sent out, I'd gladly provide feedback.

I've stated this in other posts, but our site is entirely Commerce, Pages, and Downloads, so Commerce's growth is important to me.

You can opt in to anonymous usage reporting from your admin control panel under system > settings > general

I just submitted my first ticket in the new system, and it seems pretty disjointed from the way it used to work.  You can't even select which license you're submitting a ticket for, so I had to manually add that to my ticket.  No priority, either, but maybe you had already removed that.  And I'm pretty disappointed that I cannot access my old tickets.  Even read-only access would be nice to have.  Doesn't inspire confidence when Invision has abandoned using their own support ticket system

..Al

Call me optimistic, but after seeing the other couple posts pop up about this.... if IPS is committed to continue offering and supporting the Support component of Commerce, then actually using a "top tier" helpdesk solution OTHER than their own product should provide excellent perspective for future updates to Commerce.  

On 10/16/2019 at 8:03 AM, Matt said:

We've proudly used Commerce for close to a decade, managing close to a million support tickets. We decided to switch to a dedicated ticket platform so that we can bring our customer support and enterprise support into a single channel.

We *could* spend 6-9 months adding features to Commerce's support desk but really that's not an area we see as growth for us. We want to create the best community platform we can, and creating a product to rival Zendesk isn't a direction we want to take.

Commerce is not having its support desk removed. We do want to refine Commerce in a future release to strip out some of the things not often used (like hosting support) and improve areas which get more use (subscriptions, etc). We still stand by Commerce is an excellent community support desk too.

The simple truth is that we just needed something a little more powerful to manage our growing base of customers.

Matt, I understand the need not to compete with other support software that dominates the market, but it would be nice (and comforting as a Commerce owner) to know if IPS is planning on providing an integrated plugin to link Zendesk to IPS in a future release.  Giving everyone options to use the existing Commerce Support or Zendesk.  If you could let the owners of the commerce software know your direction it would be comforting and helpful to the people who care about this.  Thanks!  @Charles

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

I don't believe there are any plans at this time to "integrate" Zendesk or any other support platform.

what about our data?

https://invisionpower.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

looks like the domain is owned by zendesk and you are using their sub, so has my personal data like my full name and email been shared ( or used to create a login ) with a 3rd party company without our permission? I can see my full name etc when I go to invisions support desk on zendesk servers and also no warnings we are about to be redirected to a external site

Edited by TheJackal84

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

what about our data?

https://invisionpower.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

looks like the domain is owned by zendesk and you are using their sub, so has my personal data like my full name and email been shared ( or used to create a login ) with a 3rd party company without our permission? I can see my full name etc when I go to invisions support desk on zendesk servers and also no warnings we are about to be redirected to a external site

Marketplace developer by day, privacy attorney by night? I feel there should be some cape twirling. 🙂 

Our privacy policy and the GDPR permits use of processors to fulfill the requirements of providing your purchased products and services. We adhere to both our own promise to data protection as well as the inherent legal requirements by ensuring any processors used also employ the same stringent data protection standards. We have a DPA in place with Zendesk and you are welcome to review their privacy information: https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/privacy-and-data-protection/

If you would like to "opt out" of Zendesk processing your information, you are of course not required to utilize the support desk. 

1 minute ago, Lindy said:

Marketplace developer by day, privacy attorney by night? I feel there should be some cape twirling. 🙂 

It was a simple question, I don't like visiting a site and having my real name shown when I did not put it there, username maybe but real name is a no for me.

6 minutes ago, Lindy said:

If you would like to "opt out" of Zendesk processing your information, you are of course not required to utilize the support desk. 

is there a option to opt out or just don't use it?

9 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

It was a simple question, I don't like visiting a site and having my real name shown when I did not put it there, username maybe but real name is a no for me.

is there a option to opt out or just don't use it?

We can simply clear your Zendesk profile if you'd like (it would not recreate unless you use the support system) but you would not be able to communicate with us any longer as all emails and contact forms go through Zendesk at this time.