How to display Pages comments in a custom block?

MMXII

You can create custom blocks which display Blog comments, Download comments etc. -- but there seems to be no way to do the same with Pages comments. I consider this a missing feature (I already created an improvement request), but until this is being added to the Community Suite, I have to take what is currently available.

So... I guess I can create a custom block in the AdminCP. I want it to display all new comments that have been created with regard to articles of a certain database. Unfortunately I have no idea how to achieve this using custom HTML/PHP and whatnot. Can someone help me with this? All I want is a block that I can place anywhere in the frontend, displaying Pages comments similar to what we already have for Blog comments, Download comments etc.

And yes, there is probably a marketplace addon/plugin that does this, but this is such a basic thing, so I prefer creating a custom block.

Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, MMXII said:

And yes, there is probably a marketplace addon/plugin that does this, but this is such a basic thing, so I prefer creating a custom block.

Yep. https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9501-nb44-records-comments-feed/

Just use that. Otherwise you are asking people to write that exact plugin a second time for you free of charge just so you can save the 10 bucks. 

Archived