Connecting my User Database to my C# & C++ Application

charlootus

Hello!

I have seen this done by other people but I just can't seem to figure it out!
So I am currently trying to connect the database of the users on my Forum with a c# and c++ application.

I know you can do this with things like phpMyAdmin and using their database

So I was wondering if you have any available tutorials or source codes that I could look at that would help me connect my forum member database to my C# and C++ Application, C++ Preferred.

Thank you!

And hopefully I can do this as it would be so great!

If you're just trying to connect to a database, use the appropriate PHP database connection functions. If it's a MySQL database, then you can even use our built in \IPS\Db driver (just pass different connection details to it to create a new instance). If using something like MSSQL you'll have to use the lower level mssql PHP functions.

7 hours ago, charlootus said:

yah see! I didn't know that

(i bet u use python) eww

Yup, and C#, PowerShell, PHP, Angular, React, various machine learning tool, and the list goes on. 

Stackoverflow would have more information for you on how to connect to a SQL database from C++. 

16 hours ago, Aiwa said:

Yup, and C#, PowerShell, PHP, Angular, React, various machine learning tool, and the list goes on. 

Stackoverflow would have more information for you on how to connect to a SQL database from C++. 

Yes I know how to connect to a DB but I don't know where to find my DB Info! I'm so lost I've never used IPS before. Could you maybe provide a link of where I can get the info to connect to my DB?

1 hour ago, charlootus said:

Yes I know how to connect to a DB but I don't know where to find my DB Info! I'm so lost I've never used IPS before. Could you maybe provide a link of where I can get the info to connect to my DB?

In case you didn't save your DB credentials yourself, you can always refer to your config file.  

Archived