Darn - what should I do? Hosting suggestions?

BuffaloR

I purchased a self-hosting Invision license yesterday and installed it on my current server. I then went to transfer my database from vBulletin to Invision, but my host won't allow it because it is over 1GB.

Now I'm wishing I just signed up for the Cloud option with Invision.

I contacted Invision because I figured they could just deactivate my self-hosted license and move me over to Cloud.

But they said because I downloaded the software, they cant switch me from self-hosted to Cloud, unless I wanted to just waste the $300 I spent yesterday.

Disappointing.

Long story short - any suggestions for a host who allows transfers of databases over 1GB and does not charge over $150 per month?

2 hours ago, BuffaloR said:

I purchased a self-hosting Invision license yesterday and installed it on my current server. I then went to transfer my database from vBulletin to Invision, but my host won't allow it because it is over 1GB.

Now I'm wishing I just signed up for the Cloud option with Invision.

I contacted Invision because I figured they could just deactivate my self-hosted license and move me over to Cloud.

But they said because I downloaded the software, they cant switch me from self-hosted to Cloud, unless I wanted to just waste the $300 I spent yesterday.

Disappointing.

Long story short - any suggestions for a host who allows transfers of databases over 1GB and does not charge over $150 per month?

You’ll want to get off that host because this will only be a problem again and again down the road. I use Holistic Solutions. Best support ever and inexpensive options. 

They've helped me out of many jams over the last 10 years. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloR said:

150$ is just ridiculous charging for 1Gb unless it's managed and top notch service but even that's crazy high. 

IPS doesn't allow hosting discussion but i can suggest some in PM. 

• Management

I'm very sorry for any confusion and frustration. In cases such as this, we will in fact generally apply your purchase as an account credit towards our cloud platform. If you would still like to do so, I will personally assist. 

Once again, my apologies. 

Archived