Profile Songs ( Support Topic )

17 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

Is there a way to change the button as shown below to better define its purpose?

Increased the size of the popup. Now it shows the whole button caption:

YgIbtXf.png

16 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

Even though I have disabled access to the app as shown below:

image.thumb.png.e157bfdb34ce2f150115086d4218c8fb.png

You can still see and play thingsit if you are not logged into the site.  

image.thumb.png.a97857dfdd814d4935b3f335edafe655.png

Confirming what I said, this is the front module permission, which is used only to "store" some methods but the player itself is added via hook in the profile controller, that's why the permissions won't work specifically for this case.

To control who can upload or not musics, go to ACP -> Members -> Groups and enable it for the groups you want. It doesn't appear for guests but currently guests can play musics in other's profiles. There is no restriction for this.

17 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

As you can see below the profile sharing icon was always there but being black on a black background, I didn't see it for the longest time.  Is there a way to modify the styling so that by default the profile sharing icon shows up like the Optimal Configuration example?

Fixed:

7fsNpnP.png

On 9/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, PokemonMillennium said:

@Adriano Faria Can you customise the color of the player altogether? Like not just black.

Just took a look and there's no way to do that via player, like when you click to change the buttons color. It would have to be a setting on ACP or something like that.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, PokemonMillennium said:

Can you customise the color of the player altogether? Like not just black.

Admin CP setting (all users will see the same player background color):

f87ZsvR.png

Player:

fx9yZyd.png

Bear in min that this is a workaround. It should have the player background itself. Saying this because when the user changes the color of buttons, background color will be reverted to black. Trying to avoid that...

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

@Adriano FariaI appreciate the quick turnaround but you forget to address the upload tracks dialog issue.

Beyond improving the look of the dialog box by having the entire choose files button showing, it could benefit from the extra space to put a disclaimer not to upload copyrighted content.

Edit HTML of your template and find in themplate profilesongs -> front -> profile -> ProfileSongs:

data-ipsDialog-size="narrow"

Change it to:

data-ipsDialog-size="medium"

JaAnarJ.png

Or change it to:

data-ipsDialog-size="large"

mkZFjWT.png

I will update the file on my board but here on IPS is already uploaded so only in next version.

17 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

it could benefit from the extra space to put a disclaimer not to upload copyrighted content.

That will require some extra development and time. Can't do it now. In a future version.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Aldro said:

Any chance you would consider making it remember the volume so we can set it to say 50%?

There’s no option for that in the player. 

4 hours ago, Aldro said:

And is there any plans on allowing us to resize the player/have a smaller one and maybe allow us to move its placement?

No.

56 minutes ago, Aldro said:

@Adriano Faria and is it possible to please make it so people can upload songs if they are in a secondary group that has permission to do so? Right now it only seems to work for primary groups 😞 !

That’s how it was designed and it is like that since first version. I’m not sure others will want to have that option. I will wait for others options before I do something like that.

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s how it was designed and it is like that since first version. I’m not sure others will want to have that option. I will wait for others options before I do something like that.

I understand... but is there no way for me to manually change something to still make it apply for secondary?
Without secondary groups 90% of our users just won't be able to use the feature sadly so that's why I'm asking 😞

4 minutes ago, Aldro said:

I understand... but is there no way for me to manually change something to still make it apply for secondary?
Without secondary groups 90% of our users just won't be able to use the feature sadly so that's why I'm asking 😞

Sure. I’ll have to see the script. I’ll reply back tomorrow with a file edit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry for not replying. I took a look and will require more than a quick file edit. I'll release a new version during next week.

Any updates on allowing secondary groups to use this feature? 🙏