Profile Songs ( Support Topic )

10 minutes ago, Dean Spencer said:

I like this. looks to be better than the old one that used to be for sale on here. 

Idea:  I see the player glows in blue. Would it be possible to allow users to choose their own colors for the player? 

sounds like a good idea.

Just now, Sethhh. said:

A bug?

Yes, sorry completly missed that, will sort it out for either tonight or tomorrow morning, Will check out the above request too cos it sounds good.

Remember you can reposition where that tab is to, if you don't want it at the top you can move it below, I lways have the members at the top :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

sounds like a good idea.

Yes, sorry completly missed that, will sort it out for either tonight or tomorrow morning, Will check out the above request too cos it sounds good.

Remember you can reposition where that tab is to, if you don't want it at the top you can move it below, I lways have the members at the top :biggrin:

No problem. Take your time. I clicked to be used by Administrators only but I was in my profile...and nothing. Where can I find the profile song? Where can i add it?

Just now, Sethhh. said:

No problem. Take your time. I clicked to be used by Administrators only but I was in my profile...and nothing. Where can I find the profile song? Where can i add it?

on your profile in the sidebar, if there is no tracks yet you should see a button to upload them, then once you upload 1 or some then the player will show

Just now, Sethhh. said:

Yes. Perfect!

What do you think about:

- control volume

- auto play   ?

yeah sounds good, I will add a new table for member settings allowing them to choose if they want it on auto play, choose a colour to use etc make it more personal for each member and then it also opens it up for future releases etc

There is a volume at the minute but it toggles from 0% - 50% - 100%, but a bar would be better what they can drag up and down

10 minutes ago, Christforums said:

mess.jpg

that is default css for your sites theme not the app but I can look into it for you, I also might make that pop up medium size anyway

10 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Untranslated.jpg

the songs use the original files name so it should get called what the file is xyz.mp3 etc, if you click the little toggle you can click and hold the title of the track and it will allow you to edit the name of it, it all works with ajax and js etc so the page won't refresh etc it will just update automatically

Edited by TheJackal84
54 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

the songs use the original files name so it should get called what the file is xyz.mp3 etc, if you click the little toggle you can click and hold the title of the track and it will allow you to edit the name of it, it all works with ajax and js etc so the page won't refresh etc it will just update automatically

After upload a numeric value is added to the beginning of the file name. For example, Creed-Torn is made into 15445453453_Creed-Torn.mp3. The file after uploaded can though be edited. Just bringing to your attention that a numeric value is added to the file name after upload. 

I like your product Jackal. Any plans to make the media player pop-up from the page so the song is not interrupted when navigating away? Ya know one of the best players I ever ran into was at the header of a page that remained static or absolute as I navigated the whole site. That way music was able to play non stop while navigating the site. 

You do great work Jackal. Much thanks for a product that I think may add some personalization to people's profiles. 

1 minute ago, Christforums said:

After upload a numeric value is added to the beginning of the file name. For example, Creed-Torn is made into 15445453453_Creed-Torn.mp3. The file after uploaded can though be edited. Just bringing to your attention that a numeric value is added to the file name after upload. 

I get you, what that is, basically maybe you upload test.mp3 and it gets named test.mp3 in your folder, now I login and see that and think oh thats good I am going to upload one, Now my file is also called test.mp3 and is not the same file nor same sound, my file will overwrite yours, like on pc if 2 items have the same name, so IPS automatically add unique values to uploads so your test.mp3 becomes 23534554.test.mp3 and mine is 83422224.test.mp3 and it don't over write, When you are actually editing the titles manually you are not editing the files name, you add a column to the database linking to that file showing the new name, Because you can upload multiple files at one time it would be difficult to add settings to add names to it on upload, I will check the php and see if theres a way to do it somehow on the upload without adding more settings etc

6 minutes ago, Christforums said:

I like your product Jackal. Any plans to make the media player pop-up from the page so the song is not interrupted when navigating away? Ya know one of the best players I ever ran into was at the header of a page that remained static or absolute as I navigated the whole site. That way music was able to play non stop while navigating the site. 

I did think of that so will look into it soon enough lol, I started off making a plugin then after a while of writing it I saw potential for future updates so changed it to a app to give me maximum availability on what it can do, I am also thinking of members creating playlists etc and the ability to add other peoples songs to their playlists as long as the said member allows sharing of their tracks ( this won't duplicate the file it will just add it to the playlist, if x member deletes it, it will be removed from all playlists )

8 minutes ago, Christforums said:

You do great work Jackal. Much thanks for a product that I think may add some personalization to people's profiles. 

Your welcome thanks for purchasing it, Hope your members enjoy it :biggrin:

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

I did think of that so will look into it soon enough lol, I started off making a plugin then after a while of writing it I saw potential for future updates so changed it to a app to give me maximum availability on what it can do, I am also thinking of members creating playlists etc and the ability to add other peoples songs to their playlists as long as the said member allows sharing of their tracks ( this won't duplicate the file it will just add it to the playlist, if x member deletes it, it will be removed from all playlists )

Just a thought. If a static player was added to header so that it would play non stop while navigating throughout a site when visiting a particular profile after already playing songs from a previous profile the newly landed page would load a playlist into the media player to play after the current profile is done. 

I hate it when people have ideas and no way of knowing how to make them into reality so I'm reluctantly conveying this to you. But when working with developers I find explaining ideas as coherently has possible helps them to make it into a reality. 

4 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

The old is no longer support, but the old still works as from here https://www.baysidegamers.com/profile/1-chief/  But with the new, it's far bigger that takes allot of the profile. The old is small but neat. So you have options to pick the plugin theme based? sizes?  

no options yet for sizes etc, to be honest because of the icons and glow etc when small it don't really look to good, and also they have a playlist although you can toggle the playlist to be shown or hidden, I will at some point look into something maybe toggle everything apart from the player etc

6 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Just a thought. If a static player was added to header so that it would play non stop while navigating throughout a site when visiting a particular profile after already playing songs from a previous profile the newly landed page would load a playlist into the media player to play after the current profile is done. 

I hate it when people have ideas and no way of knowing how to make them into reality so I'm reluctantly conveying this to you. But when working with developers I find explaining ideas as coherently has possible helps them to make it into a reality. 

the static player will probably wind up having a option to choose what to play, with it being their own music, others, their list of playlists and so on, I will probably hide the static one when viewing a members profile so it don't clash, but if the playlists goes well then they will be able to click and add them to a playlist or create a new one etc.

Yeah I am always looking for ideas and it's true most don't get explained enough lol and it's easier to picture things when it's explained better

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

no options yet for sizes etc, to be honest because of the icons and glow etc when small it don't really look to good, and also they have a playlist although you can toggle the playlist to be shown or hidden, I will at some point look into something maybe toggle everything apart from the player etc

Even if there is an drop down icon switch option 🙂 it shows as is but to have it fully drop up/down. I do like this plugin but does look over big. At times if people have so much profile widget it looks busy.. but I do like this!!  

9 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

Even if there is an drop down icon switch option 🙂 it shows as is but to have it fully drop up/down. I do like this plugin but does look over big. At times if people have so much profile widget it looks busy.. but I do like this!!  

there's options with it being a app to add it in a tab on their profile etc ( options meaning options to add it to the app ), but the one you showed is just a html audio player this is more along the lines of a music player with playlists

to toggle everything but the player don't seem to big either

spacer.png

NOTE... there is no toggle like that in this now this image is just from editing the websites elements to get the way it will look

ut it can be added to be like that with a toggle etc

Edited by TheJackal84
7 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I can look into adding something like that, Will need to look into it all and check whats what, leave me a list of popular ones like that shoutcast v2 etc so I can browse they way they work :biggrin:

The format i have been using for many years includes feeding the radio IP and the Port to the audio player. 

image.thumb.png.c272b48717415273501e3fcde7f319c3.png

It will be nice if you can also make this available for Clubs.  ☺️

Updated to 1.0.1

New Features

• Members can now edit the colours of their audio player buttons and progress bar / volume bar
    • This will show or hide a mixture of colours for members to select
    • They have a choice of 8 colours and to have them either solid of with a shadow
      • Cyan, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, White, Purple, Pink
    • Members can only change their own colours of their audio players so when other members visit their profile they will see the colour the member has set
  • Changed the volume button to show or hide a volume bar what you can drag up or down changing the volume
    • This will also add a volume up and down button next to the volume bar
  • Little bit of redesigning to the audio player to match with the new toggling of the colours and volume
  • Added data titles to the buttons so when a member hovers the buttons it will say what it does

Bug Fix

• Added the missing language strings to the ACP
  • Fixed the bug where it might not play the next track automatically

spacer.png   spacer.png

spacer.png   spacer.png

spacer.png   spacer.png

All still without having to reload the page :biggrin: