Google Search Console: Fix Videos markup warning

TheWorldNewsMedia.org

On 10/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, TheWorldNewsMedia.org said:

Anybody else getting this new warning?

I got the same but for a Joomla page. However, same timing, same error.

1432880633_ScreenShot2019-10-10at11_18_04pm.thumb.png.4a0e8cd57879f87b395d5d6cacb910e1.png

Just for reference of course; as I said this is on Joomla, so I'm not expecting to get solved on IPS :smile: But it's interesting that the timing and the types of errors are the same.

Maybe it's a matter of time until they start flagging the videos we have on our forum (IPS) too.

PS, are your videos from Vimeo? (Both of mine happen to be, so maybe there's a connection there)

It's not vendor specific - Google is starting to validate structured data a bit more and provide site owners with feedback about issues it sees.

Some things may or may not be fixable - for instance, if you upload a video and it embeds into a forum post, there won't be a thumbnail URL we can set. But, I don't want to comment too much until I can look closer at the specific example(s) occurring with our software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, bfarber said:

It's not vendor specific - Google is starting to validate structured data a bit more and provide site owners with feedback about issues it sees.

Some things may or may not be fixable - for instance, if you upload a video and it embeds into a forum post, there won't be a thumbnail URL we can set. But, I don't want to comment too much until I can look closer at the specific example(s) occurring with our software.

We noticed a massive drop in our rich snippet search results recently. It's something that's causing us quite a bit of a headache. As you've stated, Google have adjusted how their schema markup works, so it seems that the markup that IPB uses (at least on our version) doesn't seem to work as it should.

We have thousands of business pages where reviews play a critical role, and these average reviews have always been displayed on the Google search, however over recent weeks they don't seem to show anymore, and much like the OP - we've got errors coming from the rich snippets evaluation.

image.thumb.png.c3dae521f5ca113722b2c10a2246dde8.png

Is there a way we can resolve the rich snippets issue? I haven't been able to determine exactly how the software amends the page source to reflect markup schema.

Archived