Improved Clubs Enhancements

Update: After some poking at things, I'm now stuck with NO_TEMPLATE_FILE - /var/www/test/applications/clubsenhancements/dev/html/front/clubs/menuNewOptions.phtml.

Would you release the dev.zip for this plugin to paid customers? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I forget how to set custom block in the club. I already have a block created, but now?

2 minutes ago, kmk said:

Sorry, I forget how to set custom block in the club. I already have a block created, but now?

Resolved. I find the acp configuration.

5 minutes ago, kmk said:

Resolved. I find the acp configuration.

Sorry, my mistake, I still don't know how to place the custom block in the club.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, Giray said:

A bit of a panic.

About to show the Clubs feature to someone, trying to add them to a club, and I get:

clubsenhancementsCannotAdd

Anything obvious come to mind before I go digging deeper?

Thanks!!

uhm you can try to check clubs limits in the club setting.

4 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

uhm you can try to check clubs limits in the club setting.

Hi. My current blockage seems to be that I cannot add anyone to an Open club. They can join, but I cannot add them. I assume that has something to do with it being 'Open'? But I should, as admin, still be able to add anyone, no?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

**edit**

I've just tried inviting someone. We'll see if it works. Last time I tried he landed on an error page. I'll let you know when he tries.

Edited by Giray
7 minutes ago, InvisionHQ said:

Yes, that's right. You can only change group type as admin.
In open group you can't add members also if you are the admin.

Thanks. Can you at least invite members as admin in an open group?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @InvisionHQ two questions.

1.) Where is this setting? I would like for when a member subscribes, and moved into the subscribers group, they are automatically given access to the subscribers-only Club. "Add members from a specific user group to the club (secondary groups checked) (setting to allow Club Owners to use it. Admins can use it)."

2.) Will this be updated for 4.5? 

Thanks!

On 8/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, breatheheavy said:

Hey @InvisionHQ two questions.

1.) Where is this setting? I would like for when a member subscribes, and moved into the subscribers group, they are automatically given access to the subscribers-only Club. "Add members from a specific user group to the club (secondary groups checked) (setting to allow Club Owners to use it. Admins can use it)."

2.) Will this be updated for 4.5? 

Thanks!

1. Manage Club -> Add Members (it's not an automatic feature)

2. Yes

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the 4.5 release is out, I can see it in the marketplace in acp. The issue I am having is that my applications list is showing that I have version 1.3.5 not 2.0.0. When I goto the app on the acp marketplace it says I am up to date with the latest version.

Is this an error and everything is fine and good to enable the app or is something wrong?

3 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

It seems the 4.5 release is out, I can see it in the marketplace in acp. The issue I am having is that my applications list is showing that I have version 1.3.5 not 2.0.0. When I goto the app on the acp marketplace it says I am up to date with the latest version.

Is this an error and everything is fine and good to enable the app or is something wrong?

I just uninstalled it and re-installed from acp marketplace. Now it shows 2.0.0

9 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

The issue I am having is that my applications list is showing that I have version 1.3.5 not 2.0.0. When I goto the app on the acp marketplace it says I am up to date with the latest version.

I really don't know, we have to ask to IPS boys for this. 

Club blogs can have entries only from club leaders. However, there is a standard group blog feature in IPS, that allows different members to write into one blog.

• To convert a club blog into group blog there are only some fields in blogs_blogs table.
  • The restriction who is allowed to blog should be derived from club permissions (e. g. who is allowed to create topics?)
  • Add button to create a new blog entry in the club group

I have tested it myself by manipulating database, adding plugins and customizing club blog theme. It works. It would nice addition to your app to have club blogs that are group blogs. So that all club members can submit entries to the blog.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great addon and a must for anyone wishing to make the Clubs feature more enticing to site users.

If I may just make one observation, when you add a Home Page to the Club, which I really like to have, you don't need any content in the Club Description field as that also shows up above the Activity page of the club however, on the Club Listings page the Club shows up with a "This group hasn't provided a description" message:

1.jpg.2d211583888b6b7282ff854e6ae6f8b7.jpg

However if you do put a description in then the only place it shows up is at the top of the Activity page which doesn't look right to have it when you have the Home Page.

With the Description2.jpg.811a62bea290fa5c5736c3760c45b56e.jpg

Looks much better without the Description field3.jpg.2551bf25a052be80cbb16d34dc63e553.jpg

Just in my humble opinion

Basically what I am saying is it would be good if i could somehow have it that:

<IF> Home Page = True, Don't show [Description] in Activity <end IF>

Edited by ibaker