Exclude forums from Activity Stream

Canal World

5 minutes ago, Joel R said:

The guide linked by @Daniel F will be the appropriate solution.  You can customize the streams to exclude forums.  

The new app by @newbie LAC is good if you wish to exclude topics

Wrong:

This application allow moderators exclude (include) items (topics, calendar events, downloads files, etc) from the All Activity Stream (e.g. https://invisioncommunity.com/discover/)

Administrators also can exclude nodes (forums, categories, etc.)

The guide shows how to manage custom streams, where you can exclude forums/categories. I don’t think you can do it in the DEFAULT stream. By default I understand the All Activity, unless he’s talking about a custom stream set as default. 

EDIT: can’t use manual quote in mobile. 😎

1 minute ago, Joel R said:

There's no need to use a third party app if default functionality can cover his request thought, which asks about forums.  

You cannot exclude content (neither topics, nor forums or other nodes) from default activity stream shown on /discover. You can only exclude member actions with default functionality.

1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

You cannot exclude content (neither topics, nor forums or other nodes) from default activity stream shown on /discover. You can only exclude member actions with default functionality.

That’s exactly what I said and what I understood from the first posts. That’s why I linked a 3rd-party resource. 

31 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Just make another stream (a custom one that you create) as default.

I personally recommend this anyways, as it allows you to offer a default stream that matches with the content you're best looking to showcase on a recurring basis.

@Joel R, there is a bug that will not allow you to choose content AND clubs. If you choose I will choose which content to include then club filter disappears. I have reported this back in May 

but nothing happened. The custom stream cannot be used if you would like to include some content AND clubs.

Archived