1C133/9 error...

Anybody have an explanation as to why this occurs and how to fix? You get when trying to install an application via ACP and I'm pretty sure it a privs issue. I'm getting it with member map but when searching I see it appearing in many different applications out of the marketplace.  The exact error is 1C133/9  The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it. System log shows Extraction from phar "/tmp/phpca3rIv.tar" failed: Cannot extract "Application.php" to "/usr/home/public_html/forum/applications/membermap/Application.php", setting file permissions failed.  But if you set the home dir (In this case membermap) to 777 and re-run, you still get the error. IPS support say talk to the app dev support, app dev says talk to IPS support.  Because it shows up on may different apps their has to be a common issue that is screwing up the privs or ownership. I'm now at the point of moving the membermap folder so I can fresh install and hopefully not clobber my existing membermap data. Any ideas or solutions?   

• 1 year later...

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the same issue

On 10/1/2019 at 7:44 PM, P15-D24 said:

Anybody have an explanation as to why this occurs and how to fix? You get when trying to install an application via ACP and I'm pretty sure it a privs issue. I'm getting it with member map but when searching I see it appearing in many different applications out of the marketplace.  The exact error is 1C133/9  The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it. System log shows Extraction from phar "/tmp/phpca3rIv.tar" failed: Cannot extract "Application.php" to "/usr/home/public_html/forum/applications/membermap/Application.php", setting file permissions failed.  But if you set the home dir (In this case membermap) to 777 and re-run, you still get the error. IPS support say talk to the app dev support, app dev says talk to IPS support.  Because it shows up on may different apps their has to be a common issue that is screwing up the privs or ownership. I'm now at the point of moving the membermap folder so I can fresh install and hopefully not clobber my existing membermap data. Any ideas or solutions?   

I had a similarity of the situation. We were on 4.4 upgraded to 4.5 (which was compactable but needed to be upgraded, previous owner had the app). I purchased the app and tried to update it then the error popped up. Got hold of support, letting me know that we needed to change CMOD files/folders for it to work but I've tried numerous times but still didn't work. Ultimately, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app which worked smoothly. 

On 5/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, Goza said:

I had a similarity of the situation. We were on 4.4 upgraded to 4.5 (which was compactable but needed to be upgraded, previous owner had the app). I purchased the app and tried to update it then the error popped up. Got hold of support, letting me know that we needed to change CMOD files/folders for it to work but I've tried numerous times but still didn't work. Ultimately, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app which worked smoothly. 

Same here, uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the app. Invision support told me this was a server issue but who knows.