Mapbox API Key Token issues

The Old Man

9 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Anyone else having issues with IPS seemingly not accepting new API tokens from Mapbox?

Exactly. Only the default API token works once you make the account. Any new token API created in Mapbox is not valid. Not sure but perhaps Mapbox only allow the default token for a FREE account.

Thanks Lucas, I think that's the case, only the default token seems to work with IPS for some reason. They let you create multiple free tokens with differing URLs, so I think it's bug somewhere. I haven't seen their API yet but perhaps 'default' is hardcoded in IPS somewhere.

45 minutes ago, bfarber said:

I would recommend submitting a ticket so we can take a look. I haven't heard of any issues myself.

Thanks @bfarber Please could you test using a non-default Mapbox token to verify? Possibly IPS devs haven't needed to create additional tokens so we're unaware of the issue.

I was able to add a non-default access token, and as long as it wasn't a secret token the map generated fine with it. Trying to use a secret token threw an error that you cannot use a secret token with Mapbox.js.

In short, I can't reproduce locally, so my recommendation to submit a ticket stands.

Archived