News Sitemap (Support Topic)

7 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

If we purchase this and add some of our databases etc, do we have to do anything at the google end, or will our new sitemaps be automatically picked up and indexed?

Thanks,

You can only specify a single news sitemap (one database). The sitemap will be at /newssitemap and needs submitting to Google via search console.

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

If we purchase this and add some of our databases etc, do we have to do anything at the google end, or will our new sitemaps be automatically picked up and indexed?

Thanks,

You need to get accepted into Google News Publishing first.  I HIGHLY recommend researching everything you need to do to get accepted before you submit your site to them.  Probably a good idea to read this forum first.  https://support.google.com/news/publisher-center/threads?hl=en&thread_filter=(category:inclusion_advice)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Chris89 said:

Does this work on regular topics as well as pages? And do you still have a 4.4 version to download?

This is intended for a single Pages database only, it does not generate a news sitemap for discussion topics. Support for regular sitemaps in topics is built in to Invision Community.

Unfortunately the 4.4 version is no longer available but you're missing out by not upgrading to 4.5 😄 

4.4 is still available and can be accessed from the changelog on the file listing. 

Edited by Andy Millne

To be honest it's mainly a styling reason why I don't want to upgrade to 4.5.... plus it would be hassle because I have lots of plugins and I don't know exactly what changes have been made as to how compatible things are now.

But I don't really like a lot of the new changes that have been made style-wise and prefer the older 4.4 style. I think some of the new features are great (though not too keen about removing the Admin CP session from the URL) and I'd love to have them... it's just things like in topic where it states "X months later" and the way that some post actions etc are hidden to name a few things offhand.

• 1 year later...