Member posting to club albums

Giray

Hi. Having a problem understanding... We've created Clubs. The club in question has members. The members can post images, but not to an existing album created by a leader. So, if I understand it correctly, there is no such thing as a 'club' album, the club album created by a leader/owner remains theirs?

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-09-21 10.25.32.png

I guess that would depend on how it was setup. Did they set it up so that "Anyone can submit to this album" when they created it in the club. Additionally, is the person a member of that club?

You can verify whether they made sure anyone could submit to it by editing the album yourself. You should see a setting under "Submissions" most likely it is set to something that does not allow that specific user access.

Hello again @Jennifer M. So half of the problem is solved. Indeed, by setting it up as anyone can submit, anyone can indeed submit. I actually tried anyone in the club, and that works fine too. Anyone in the club can now submit. However 🤤 there remains an issue. If you upload a photo to the club, not into an album, you can not 'move' it to an album. I've tried every setting I can, both as a member and as an administrator, and the club albums do not show up in the move option. In the move option, the only galleries that show up are my own, the ones that I created elsewhere in the site, not the ones created by the club admin. Please note that I did try to sign in as the club admin, the one who created the albums in the first place, and you still cannot move a photo into a club album from the club gallery.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

15 hours ago, Giray said:

Hello again @Jennifer M. So half of the problem is solved. Indeed, by setting it up as anyone can submit, anyone can indeed submit. I actually tried anyone in the club, and that works fine too. Anyone in the club can now submit. However 🤤 there remains an issue. If you upload a photo to the club, not into an album, you can not 'move' it to an album. I've tried every setting I can, both as a member and as an administrator, and the club albums do not show up in the move option. In the move option, the only galleries that show up are my own, the ones that I created elsewhere in the site, not the ones created by the club admin. Please note that I did try to sign in as the club admin, the one who created the albums in the first place, and you still cannot move a photo into a club album from the club gallery.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

When you move, do you see a Club tab? That will open up the list of club gallery nodes.  

image.png.055124e343d45ca817ffa2598e3ffadd.png

Do you only have "Move to category" as the option? I'll take a look to see if this might be an oversight/bug later today, but albums won't be listed under "Move to category". Within Gallery (outside of clubs), there is a separate "Move to album" form field as well, which is where you'd need to look.

14 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Do you only have "Move to category" as the option? I'll take a look to see if this might be an oversight/bug later today, but albums won't be listed under "Move to category". Within Gallery (outside of clubs), there is a separate "Move to album" form field as well, which is where you'd need to look.

First: thanks! Second, I have an open ticket with Marc. I told him I have this thread as well. I'll let you guys decide where we continue the conversation.

Yes, I have move to category. There is also move to album, but the only way it works is if the uploader to the Gallery is the same person that owns the Club Album. A club owner, or even the site admin, cannot in any way move an image from a club gallery to a club album. So if someone inadvertently uploads to the Gallery instead of to an authorized album, the image is stuck there. The only option is to delete it and reupload to the album. I hope I'm clear. This is not a deal-breaker but my club owners are complaining 😉

Archived