Hide Guests from the Online Users page.

Chris Sajnog

I don't think that's possible, but it seems if you add the "Who's Online" block to a page (or pages) using the "Manage Blocks" feature it will show a condensed view with only members unless you click on "See Full List" to see the rest of your online users:

online.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, Chris Sajnog said:

I have activated the Online Users page on the forum and I would like to hide all the Guest entries so that only members that are online are showing up. I see no options in the ACP, how can I do this?

Hi @Chris Sajnog

Can you post a screenshot of your Who's Online block?  In my block, I don't see guests (only members).  

On 9/21/2019 at 5:50 AM, tonyv said:

I don't think that's possible, but it seems if you add the "Who's Online" block to a page (or pages) using the "Manage Blocks" feature it will show a condensed view with only members unless you click on "See Full List" to see the rest of your online users:

online.jpg

Thank you! This will do, I created a new page, added the "Who's Online" block to it and in the menu instead of displaying the default "Online Users" page I used the newly created page. If you click on "See Full List" it will show up the page that I was having "trouble" with.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:45 PM, PoC2 said:

Mine's a members-only site, so all the "Guests" are irrelevant.

Is there a way to completely remove "Guests" from showing up in the Who's Online block?

Yes, mine is a members only site too, I would still like to hide/remove the guest entries. What I have in place right now will do as a temporary solution but if a way to hide them altogether appears I will opt for that.

6 hours ago, opentype said:

You would need to open a topic in the feedback forum if you want new/changed features. 

How are people accessing this page? You could potentially tweak the URL so guests are hidden on first view:
https://invisioncommunity.com/online/?filter=filter_loggedin

This will actually do, instead of showing the "Online Users" option in the menu or a page with a block I just created a custom link with that termination. Now when users click on Online Users in my menu they'll automatically see the page with the Already Logged in filter already applied. It's still a workaround but this will do just fine. Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer a solution. I appreciate it.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:36 PM, tonyv said:

It might even be possible to hide the guests group from the online list by shutting off this toggle:

2662881_guestsfiltering.thumb.jpg.960c7e337966139d7b5ea9b681c78190.jpg

No feature request required.

That did hid certain things about the guests, for example the number of guests on the Online Users list but it still shows them on the full list. None the less in my case it's better to have that turned off. Thank you again for your reply.

Archived