Pickems X

On 12/31/2020 at 5:50 PM, Midnight Modding said:

Maybe I should just get it ready with the features it already had, to get it working with 4.5 sooner, then, since you don't need the upcoming features anyway. I already put most of the code in, so I will just have to comment some out and then the changes for 4.5 should be very minor in this app, so I will try to get it ready and approved very soon, (I am not sure how quickly IPS has been able to approve them lately, so I can't say for sure the date it will be on here, but it won't take many days from now for me to get it ready, at least. I mostly just took 2020 off after sporting events kept being postponed. lol).

Yes interested in buying when 4.5 version is live

Edited by Unlucky
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I haven't had to do hardly anything and I think am almost done. I should have updated it sooner if I knew there was this little to do. lol. A lot of the 4.5 changes are optional ones that can maybe help in some areas, but not a lot required to have it working fine.

I mainly need to decide whether to submit it before finishing brackets. I may submit it without them finished first and then update them within the next few weeks.

I am still debating between submitting this without the bracket code totally finished (so would just disable the feature in it, but leave the code to finish on the next release) vs just finishing it first and then submitting.

I hadn't worked on the brackets since last March, so since I abruptly stopped when the virus caused cancellation of the ncaa tournament I then ended up with a lot of areas to go back and try to remember what i did and comment in the file where things were changed for brackets where I can test it.

Once I add those in, I am likely raising the price, though, because this is the type of app where only a small number of people are interested because it's for a small niche of people, given not many sports fans seem to be here, so it's always going to be a lot less demand than what the time spent is worth. But I like sports apps myself, so still going to always like any app I make and keep making them. hasn't been much posting at all in here, though, so seems like nto a lot of demand. lol.

• 1 month later...

lol I didn't realize they are already talking about 4.6 Don't worry, wont be a long wait that time. Not any activity in here other than me talking to myself, so not sure who wants it, anyway, but I still like getting things updated regardless and plus I am a big sports fan so always wanting to improve for myself as well.

edit: that quickly I made sure I didn't need to do any changes in this or my private apps from their part 1 of 4.6 changes. So done there...

Edited by Midnight Modding
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

will finally get this done soon... Just figured I better finish the brackets and have that paid for (someone was paying me to add it in) first. Very little left to dot here. Also, soon after I release it I need to raise the price because this is a more specialized app and only a few get it, but I'll probably leave it this price a short time afterwards for people who were already wanting it.

Sweet pre ordered!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:33 AM, Midnight Modding said:

will finally get this done soon... Just figured I better finish the brackets and have that paid for (someone was paying me to add it in) first. Very little left to dot here. Also, soon after I release it I need to raise the price because this is a more specialized app and only a few get it, but I'll probably leave it this price a short time afterwards for people who were already wanting it.

• 2 months later...

I really want to get this publicly released (added some features for livegames), but what's frustrating is how certain ip.suite features are set up. Mainly for brackets I did it where you add them with a wizard (do step 1,m click button, then step 2, click button, etc...) and if someone accidentally doesn't pick a team for one of them, it just moves right along to the next step without giving an error!

I am tempted to release it, anyway, as all software has some bugs in it, but it's a really annoying one because if people don't make sure and do the picks correctly, the whole thing messes up and I have tried for a long time to get someone tot ell me how I can force it to error out because nothing seems to make it do it. lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 7:34 AM, Unlucky said:

I guess this project is dead now?

Hey, sorry I didn't notice you posted in here. I have had this working on 4.6 for ages and so far I don't see anything that would stop it from working on 4.7, but I hadn't uploaded it here still because 1. I had put in some code for brackets and run into bugs with the IPS software and 2. I haven't made 100% sure on 4.7 yet.

I am just going to take some of the brackets code out and not have the feature active where I can upload it, but I totally messed up by not doing it before (U.S.) football games started!

In the future, if someone really needs this updated or ahs feature requests, etc... I will notice right off if someone sends me a PM. This topic went so long with nobody posting, I just thought nobody was needing it soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this basically done for 4.7 except I didn't test with php 8 yet and having a situation to even be able to use php 8 (long story).

edit: as I test this and use it for the first time in a while, this is a nifty system if I do say so myself. lol. You can set it to use weeks but just call them something else such as stages of the world cup, for instance, to split up the games. Also someone had me add in some features I forgot about since it's been so long... Options to allow predicting exact scores, tournament winner, top scorer in tournament, etc...

Edited by Midnight Modding
  • 2 months later...