'Assigned to' always reverts to unassigned

Giray

6 hours ago, Giray said:

On a support ticket, every time the client answers, the Assigned To defaults back to Unassigned. Is that normal or a bug?

Thanks...

That correct been like that for few versions this allows for other admins to view tickets if had more one admin.

3 hours ago, Pete T said:

That correct been like that for few versions this allows for other admins to view tickets if had more one admin.

Thanks but that's a real shame and the first time I've ever used a ticket support system that does this. I've used many, including large systems and once the admin takes it, it's his/hers. Imagine a support desk with a hundred open tickets and a ticket comes back from the client, how am I supposed to know it's mine? Now I have to go through one hundred tickets to find the right one???? That might work with a desk that has three open tickets, but not more. l have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of very unhappy members whose questions will not go answered. Not to overly insist, but even from a support standpoint it does not make sense. Once you start helping someone, you do not want multiple admins weighing in and catching up with a ticket, it's a waste of time. I'm surprised I'm the only one this bothers. Anyone else??

Thanks for the quick answer Pete!!

2 hours ago, Giray said:

Thanks but that's a real shame and the first time I've ever used a ticket support system that does this. I've used many, including large systems and once the admin takes it, it's his/hers. Imagine a support desk with a hundred open tickets and a ticket comes back from the client, how am I supposed to know it's mine? Now I have to go through one hundred tickets to find the right one???? That might work with a desk that has three open tickets, but not more. l have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of very unhappy members whose questions will not go answered. Not to overly insist, but even from a support standpoint it does not make sense. Once you start helping someone, you do not want multiple admins weighing in and catching up with a ticket, it's a waste of time. I'm surprised I'm the only one this bothers. Anyone else??

Thanks for the quick answer Pete!!

So if have more one Admin you use the filler options 

Screenshot.thumb.png.fcfa97f0a2146bf3ec78f6492cd658a8.png

This would speed up items that been Assigned to yourself i know not best meothod but one that works for myself and also can look over old ticket via My History tab.

Archived