standard standalone install for senior citizen

scorpion5005

On 9/4/2019 at 12:23 AM, scorpion5005 said:

Know this is most likely below the interest level for most devs and techs, but a senior citizen is looking for a capable installer to do a standard install of only the forum/community part of IPS on a HostGator account. The end user can pay if they can use Paypal or something similar.

Not sure I understand

Are you asking for someone to install the forum on server for you or something else

If asking for someone to install for you then just follow the instructions

First though check server meets the requirements by using this file, if it doesn't then need to find another server that will work with IPS

Yes, it was for installing the software to a web host for me. I am a retired disabled veteran and have been spending a lot of time getting treatments. I am hoping I can use a forum as a rehab tool once I finish this round of treatments, but going through the setup and config would be a problem at this time.

There was a time years ago when myself and other forum operators would do installations for fellow Legion and VFW members who weren't in a position to do the work, but could operate the software after it was set up. If this type of request is no longer allowed in the IPS Community, please ignore the request.

I've had a PM response to my post.

I have considered the cloud solution, but the one thing I can't get past is the question I posted to the pre-sales forum some time ago. My concern is about the user count being affected by visits to the forum landing page. A malicious visitor with the proper tools can pump up the visitor count and push a modest forum into the industrial range. Maybe I misunderstood the way the count is rated, but the support department has pretty much agreed with my apprehension. If that's not the way the rates work, I'd appreciate someone helping an old senior citizen out and explain it in simple terms I can wrap my head around.
Please don't take my post the wrong way, I am and have been a diehard IPS supporter since the first version came out. The problem is not with the software or the documentation or the community, it's with the fact that I'm a lot older and have lost a lot of my mental acuity since my initial diagnosis in 2006. This is my second bout with the disease and it's been harder this time now that I'm thirteen years older. Like the first time, chemo-brain is a problem again, but it's worse this time. I'm trying to deal with it the best that I can. Sometimes I might ask the same questions more than once and I have learned to take tons of notes because I have almost no short term memory.
I'm not complaining. I consider myself lucky to still be here, and I know young people and people who have no experience dealing with people with serious illnesses have patience problems with us. Not looking for pity, just someone to explain things at a level low enough that I can understand something. And looking for someone willing to do some work for a fair compensation.

26 minutes ago, scorpion5005 said:

I've had a PM response to my post.

I have considered the cloud solution, but the one thing I can't get past is the question I posted to the pre-sales forum some time ago. My concern is about the user count being affected by visits to the forum landing page. A malicious visitor with the proper tools can pump up the visitor count and push a modest forum into the industrial range. Maybe I misunderstood the way the count is rated, but the support department has pretty much agreed with my apprehension. If that's not the way the rates work, I'd appreciate someone helping an old senior citizen out and explain it in simple terms I can wrap my head around.
Please don't take my post the wrong way, I am and have been a diehard IPS supporter since the first version came out. The problem is not with the software or the documentation or the community, it's with the fact that I'm a lot older and have lost a lot of my mental acuity since my initial diagnosis in 2006. This is my second bout with the disease and it's been harder this time now that I'm thirteen years older. Like the first time, chemo-brain is a problem again, but it's worse this time. I'm trying to deal with it the best that I can. Sometimes I might ask the same questions more than once and I have learned to take tons of notes because I have almost no short term memory.
I'm not complaining. I consider myself lucky to still be here, and I know young people and people who have no experience dealing with people with serious illnesses have patience problems with us. Not looking for pity, just someone to explain things at a level low enough that I can understand something. And looking for someone willing to do some work for a fair compensation.

Send me PM and hold your money keep in your bank I will do 100% free, cloud is ok if you know your visitor numbers but long run in my view its expensive.

21 hours ago, scorpion5005 said:

Yes, it was for installing the software to a web host for me. I am a retired disabled veteran and have been spending a lot of time getting treatments. I am hoping I can use a forum as a rehab tool once I finish this round of treatments, but going through the setup and config would be a problem at this time.

Now I understand reason for request ... apologies and would have offered to do it as @Pete T mentioned

Enjoy your forum when it is up and running, am sure you will like it when have got used to it

Archived