Withdraw funds without approval

Stephen Bruce

Is it possible to allow members to withdraw from their account credit without me needing to manually approve? At the moment I have everything set up and working so I just need to click the ✅ once they have requested to withdraw and the money gets sent from my PayPal to theirs, but it would be great if I didn’t need to do that so they could get their money instantly. Is this possible?

i already changed the settings to not require approval but it still asks me to approve them

Thanks Stuart. I have already done that but for some reason it still asks me to approve them. I’ve just updated the software today so maybe that will help.

Are there risks with this then? Could people manually edit their balance to withdraw more money than they are entitled to or how could this be a problem?

20 minutes ago, Stephen Bruce said:

Thanks Stuart. I have already done that but for some reason it still asks me to approve them. I’ve just updated the software today so maybe that will help.

Are there risks with this then? Could people manually edit their balance to withdraw more money than they are entitled to or how could this be a problem?

That can happen if the automatic payout fails for some reason (submit a ticket and we can take a look at that).

Customers can't change the credit balance, so there isn't a prospect of them withdrawing more than they're entitled too. But there's also other things to considering such as whether you want to hold on to the money for a week or so to cover and payment reversals/chargebacks (they can happen, moreso in some industries than others). There are also other considerations, such as if the PayPal account is low on funds (which can happen with chargebacks etc), PayPal may pull the rest from your bank/card. For some people this may be an issue if there are unexpected debits from their accounts.

All I'm saying is, it's probably worth thinking about whether something like that would be an issue for you.

Archived