How to mass-delete banned users?

MMXII

I have a bunch of banned users. Now I wonder how to mass-delete them? In the AdminCP, do I really have to manually click each and every X next to their profile names? This will take forever, if you have to go through several pages with said users. However I have not found any alternative, neither in the AdminCP nor via search on this site.

25 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

You could write a SQL query and run it in PHPMyAdmin that targets users with the banned status...

I really do not recommend doing this - you will create many data inconsistencies within the database, which will lead to various issues.

There is no way to mass-prune Banned members currently though I typically recommend people not worry about it that much. They do not show anywhere on the main site.

13 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

There is no way to mass-prune Banned members currently though I typically recommend people not worry about it that much. They do not show anywhere on the main site.

Thanks for clarification. Can mass-deleting banned users please be taken into account as a new feature for a future release?

I agree with you that for the most part banned users do not matter that much... -- until you realize that they block a username that other (new) users cannot register an account with.

3 hours ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I really do not recommend doing this - you will create many data inconsistencies within the database, which will lead to various issues.

Yeah, in retrospect I should have gone into a bit more detail about ensuring all the data is cleared out in other tables related to the member, etc. and generally warned against it unless you really know what you're doing.

Archived