Add a method to clear checked posts for moderation in forum

AtariAge

Is there a way to reset the posts you have tagged for a moderation action?  Yesterday I tagged a bunch of posts to split into another thread, but didn't act on them as I wanted to verify they were they correct posts.  Today I found out that they weren't, and I have a list of the correct posts to move.  However, now I have to hunt down those posts and uncheck them before I can check the proper ones.

1340891509_ScreenShot2019-08-19at3_05_16PM.png.61716ab9a6d0741c0e06f78f02f76476.png

It would be really nice if there was a simple way to clear whatever content you have selected so you can start over..  I don't see any obvious way of doing this.  I suppose I could clear all my forum cookies, but that's obviously not ideal.  Otherwise I have to hunt down those posts and deselect them all first.

Thank you,

..Al

1 minute ago, sound said:

one work around may be to use the select 'all' tick box twice (per page)

Yes, that definitely helps, but the posts were scattered across multiple pages of a thread.  This is not the first time I've run into this.  It does look like the selected posts are remembered on a per-thread basis, which is good.  But I've sometimes had to take the time to go through many pages of a thread to select posts, and then deselecting can be a bit of a pain.

..Al

It's in the local storage. Key is "moderation.topic-<topicID>".
In Chrome you'll find the local storage in DevTools > Application > Local Storage (sidebar).

EDIT: But this is just a temp fix. There should have been a way to wipe the selection in the moderation menu.

23 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

It's in the local storage. Key is "moderation.topic-<topicID>".
In Chrome you'll find the local storage in DevTools > Application > Local Storage (sidebar).

Thanks, that's useful information, especially knowing exactly what key is involved!

23 minutes ago, Martin A. said:

EDIT: But this is just a temp fix. There should have been a way to wipe the selection in the moderation menu.

I agree, that would be nice to have.

..Al

Archived