Display Backup (Z) IPS Community

Bob Snow

I have a backup of a 10 year old IPS community forum. The backup file is ips_ab4a7.7z 

After I expanded the backup, ips_ab4a7, the following appeared in the root directory.
Folders: admin, api, applications, datastore, plugins, system, uploads
Files: 404error.php, conf_global, Credits.txt, error.php, index.php, init.php, sitemap.php
Will any of this allow me to view the forum in a browser. Or what must I do to see the old topics. My intention is to see the general format that I use to to display the general format and the flow of the site in general.
Bob

42 minutes ago, Bob Snow said:

With the database be in any particular directory. I wouldn't have a certain name to it required by Invision Power PRG.

If I knew the code that would call the database, I could possibly search for that code.

Bob

Database would only be in folder if had been given backup directory for cPanel/full website and normal this found in main root folder under SQL or MySQL would mainly depend on what backup you have if just files from www or public_html

I'm not so sure that backup is ~10 years old. That's a 4.x structure, and 4.x was released as a beta in 2014 and final in 2015.

You can see in conf_global.php what database the software was looking for, however whether you have a copy of the database backup is another question. It wouldn't have been on the filesystem unless you actually took a database backup and stored it on the filesystem, before backing up the files.

Archived