(Idea) Contact Us Form Spam Reduction

zyx

I have captcha enabled, but recently have been getting a large amount of spam via the contact form. 

I am reluctant to stop guests being able to use it in case of any login issues.

It would be great if the question and answer challenge spam protection could be used on the contact form as well as registration, as that works far more successfully for our community.

Or alternatively, anything better than the current success rate of captcha. 

Thanks a lot.

Agreed, but there are already suggestions about improving the contact form, including one (from me) to add the ip of the user of the contact form.

Also to make the amount of quetions to ask in the question and answer challenge customizable.

They all can have some improvement because when not payed for the license anymore (f.e. version 5 comes out and you want to say at 4 and don't pay license anymore), the build in anti-spam will not work anymore. So the variety of protection possibility's or at least customization of these in IPS is a bit poor imho.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/8/2019 at 5:43 PM, Black Tiger said:

Also to make the amount of quetions to ask in the question and answer challenge customizable.

Can you even have 'question and answer challenge' as an option on the contact form? I feel like this would massively help spam, but I didn't even realise there was a setting for this... I still can't find it if there is... 😂