New feature required - managing the followers of the topics

hameedacpa

Followers of the topics and the way of notification can increase the traffice of the forums,. So can I ask IP team to consider this feature in the future, as I'm now searching for an option to make all the members participated in specific topic following it and whenever there is new update they will know via email or any means of notifications available.

There is this, though there is no permanent way to force a user to automatically follow content.  Even set with this application, they can easily change their settings.  I wouldn't really suggest you take that power away from a user either, since this can easily lead to spam and unhappy members.

2 hours ago, Alismora said:

There is this, though there is no permanent way to force a user to automatically follow content.  Even set with this application, they can easily change their settings.  I wouldn't really suggest you take that power away from a user either, since this can easily lead to spam and unhappy members.

I agree with you that the users can change the setting, but the issue that I have here I don't want to add bulk members, or groups to specific forum , actually I need to update the followers of each topic (topic level only) and those followers should be the participants of the topic itself and this option is not available in the above externsion you referr to

the option I need specially in my case will be useful as I moved years ago from Vbulltin to IP and at this time there was some issues in moving and the followers of the exist topics not updated properly as I wanted any body participated in a topic to follow the topic update whihc is an exist option now but not on a retrospective way.

We are as admins we need more flexibility in this area.

Archived