Gallery Uploading Causes 500 Error

CIVKelly

So when I attempt to upload photos to my websites gallery, it commonly 500 Errors out, nearly 90% of the time.  I suspect it is because the images I am uploading are above 5mb's in size, because lower sized photos appear to upload fine, but my permission groups are set above that parameter, so I am left scratching my head.  Can anyone assist me with resolving this issue on my IPB v4.4.5.

Website is: https://lonelyislandrp.com/

• PHP 7.1.14
  • MySQL v5.6.41-84.1 

Thank you for any help that can be provided with this.

If the issue seems to be related to large images, adjusting settings within the software isn't likely going to resolve your issue. Nearly ALWAYS you will ultimately need to increase the resources available to your installation at the server level. Most commonly, that means increasing the memory_limit PHP setting (working with larger images is extremely memory intensive with PHP), or possibly switching over to use ImageMagick (although this can be intensive when working with large animated gifs, which GD can't handle at all).

I would double check what the logged 500 ISE error is, and assuming it's something along the lines of "Out of memory", work with your host to increase the memory limit.

Archived