Pull profile fields to a page?

BDD

I would like to have members fill in some profile fields (for example, one could be their website address) and then I'd like to include a list of all the info from those custom fields on a single page on my community site where I'd have a heading of "Member Websites" (and then the website address links -- with member names/links to profiles, too).

I want to do it automatically so that if a member is no longer a member, their information is no longer displayed.

How would I go about doing something like this? (I come from the WordPress world, and I know how to tackle things there, but I'm just not clear on how to do things here yet.)

Thanks.

Thanks @Joel R. I searched and saw only one option. Suppose I'll have to give that one a shot.

Would still love to know how to do this kind of thing, though -- is there a resource you can suggest for when someone's not looking for the easiest and fastest approach? Thanks.

Well, there is the Developer section: https://invisioncommunity.com/developers

For the specific case, you might create a plugin that contains a widget you can place anywhere on the site. The widget PHP code then contains the MySQL queries to read the member data you want and you can set up templates to manage the HTML output. For more complex use cases, you could also create an app. 

Archived