Community

BFleming

Looking for an Invision developer in Chicago

Hell,

My name is Brian and I have a community business I want to start and I want to use Invision as my community software. Is there a developer in Chicago that specializes in this package?

Thanks

Hi @BFleming welcome to Invision Community! 

You can refer to the list of Providers, which provides a directory of third party modders who are familiar with the software.  Keep in mind that the list is neither endorsed nor moderated by IPS Inc, although most people on the list have a good reputation in the community.  

With that said, if you can share your general business idea, the community might pinpoint you to an existing app.  This can save you thousands of dollars of custom development cost to use an existing app that's available "off the shelf." Since the suite is mature, the talented developers in the Marketplace have published several major apps like newsletters, video / media directories, learning management systems, company directories, classifieds / peer selling, links directories, and lots of small tweaks and customization.  

On a final note, be aware of the risks of relying on custom third party applications for core community operations.  You should only invest in customization for core functions when you have the budget to self-fund development over the lifetime of your community -- that's the only way to ensure support.