Hide forum directory 'see forum'

FASEOFMARS

27 minutes ago, FASEOFMARS said:

Hey,

Is there a way to deselect 'see forum' in forum permissons but still allow write access? 

You can do this and still allow replies but not new topics. 

Im pretty sure I seen a mod for this... 

not sure what asking really you will need permission to view the forum in order to post in the forum, if provide better details what trying to do maybe can point you in right direction.

2 minutes ago, FASEOFMARS said:

You can still view topics within the forum and reply to topics but unable to create new topics.

That’s all handled here:

2094803_Bildschirmfoto2019-08-04um13_42_08.thumb.png.f5980df3d39bb78e5fbb4e9d63687c29.png

2 minutes ago, FASEOFMARS said:

Im trying to hide a forum from the view on forum home. 

That’s something completely different/independent. I guess you can hide a forum via CSS from the index, but I can’t see why this would be a good idea. It would only confuse the users. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

That’s all handled here:

2094803_Bildschirmfoto2019-08-04um13_42_08.thumb.png.f5980df3d39bb78e5fbb4e9d63687c29.png

That’s something completely different/independent. I guess you can hide a forum via CSS from the index, but I can’t see why this would be a good idea. It would only confuse the users. 

But when you deselect 'see forum' you cannot 'post new topics' you need both read and write permissions to post. 

This is because I am using a forum to store posts for a different application and I don't want this archive displayed as a forum. 

Im pretty sure I seen a mod somewhere to hide forums from forum index. 

You can still see the posts and the topics in topic listing. The only thing not visible when you deselect ‘see forum’ is the forum title on forum home.

The topics within that forum are still visible. Still permission to reply but no permission to make new post, I guess it effects the parameters when you hide a forum category. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but could you create a Forum, that only a particular group would see, and hide it from the rest of the Groups.

Maybe that's what he was trying to say.  I hope to do that shortly, and I think creating a new Permissions Set, and adding that Set to a Member, would allow them to see such a Forum?  Is that the correct way to do this?

Also, perhaps Clubs could be used, but I haven't explored them to see if it can be used in that way as well.

Archived