External links "dofollow" in Pages

Ibai

Hi,

Although I agree adding the nofollow attribute to every link in a community, I was wondering if it's possible to stop adding the nofollow to some messages, for instance, the Pages or Articles system.

How could I perform this?

Thanks!

The "nofollow" attribute won't be added to links

1. From members in groups who can post HTML (so if the admin group can post HTML, and someone in the admin group posts the articles, it should bypass the nofollow addition)
  2. To links that are excluded in the AdminCP (use the live search to look for "nofollow" and click on "Domains to instruct search engines to follow").

Hi @bfarber, thanks for your reply.

I am admin and I can toggle the editor to HTML. I am removing the "nofollow" attribute and the system is adding it automatically. Do you know if this was a bug? I am not in the last version and have no plans to upgrade yet in short.

Thanks!

On 8/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, Ibai said:

Hi @bfarber, thanks for your reply.

I am admin and I can toggle the editor to HTML. I am removing the "nofollow" attribute and the system is adding it automatically. Do you know if this was a bug? I am not in the last version and have no plans to upgrade yet in short.

Thanks!

Interesting. I haven't gone in to test, so it's possible I was mistaken in my reply (it happens) in that case. When you have permission to post HTML, your post bypasses HTML Purifier, but does not necessarily bypass all parsing. I thought the nofollow attribute adding was bypassed but it sounds like I was mistaken.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, bfarber said:

Interesting. I haven't gone in to test, so it's possible I was mistaken in my reply (it happens) in that case. When you have permission to post HTML, your post bypasses HTML Purifier, but does not necessarily bypass all parsing. I thought the nofollow attribute adding was bypassed but it sounds like I was mistaken.

Hi bfarber,

Then, it's not possible to allow avoiding the "nofollow"? Is this a feature that could be asked to implement?

Thanks!

Archived