Automatic video conversion from MOV to MP4

Clover13

Thanks @bfarber, I'd imagine also quite resource intensive to do an inline video conversion.  This is one caveat and annoyance for members who want to publish videos in their topics, many of the phones aren't storing videos in browser agnostic inline embeddable formats.   I wind up having to save off videos and upload them to my site's YouTube or convert them and re-upload them directly.

21 hours ago, Clover13 said:

Thanks @bfarber, I'd imagine also quite resource intensive to do an inline video conversion.  This is one caveat and annoyance for members who want to publish videos in their topics, many of the phones aren't storing videos in browser agnostic inline embeddable formats.   I wind up having to save off videos and upload them to my site's YouTube or convert them and re-upload them directly.

Is it possible to have them upload their videos to your YouTube channel directly? Then they could just post the YouTube URL in lieu of a video upload.

21 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

Is it possible to have them upload their videos to your YouTube channel directly? Then they could just post the YouTube URL in lieu of a video upload.

Years ago YouTube used to allow distributing an email that could be used to send videos to and they would automatically be uploaded to your channel.  That worked well but YouTube discontinued it.  I don't know of another way to allow essentially open/public upload (and enable channel owner review before publishing).

On 8/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, Clover13 said:

Years ago YouTube used to allow distributing an email that could be used to send videos to and they would automatically be uploaded to your channel.  That worked well but YouTube discontinued it.  I don't know of another way to allow essentially open/public upload (and enable channel owner review before publishing).

This may be worth looking into: https://www.labnol.org/internet/youtube-uploader/29161/

Archived