"Site online" 503 error

VladTheGreat

I would like to change the error given when I use the SITE ONLINE? feature, when it's OFF a 503 is given and I would like to change that to something else, support flat out told me it's a customization and that their staff don't just support their customers, even though all I asked them is where the file responsible for this function is......

NOTE FOR SO CALLED SUPPORT : I didn't ask you to help me change it, I asked where is it located, really great support :P JOKE!

Screenshot_14.png

\system\Output\Output.php

$this->sendOutput( \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate( 'global', 'core' )->globalTemplate( $this->title, $this->output, array( 'app' => \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application->directory, 'module' => \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->module->key, 'controller' => \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controller ) ), 503 );

It's also worth noting that a 503 header is quite important in most situations. If you have a community that is already full of content a 503 header tells the search engines that is not available at this time and to try later. If for example you were to remove that you may find that some of your content URLs get indexed with the offline page contents, affecting your serp performance

I'm not running a forum, I do not use search indexing nor allow engines to crawl my website, thank you for the reply, shame I had to ask the forum for support on such a lame question which I was turned down the answer to in IPS support. Worse than Godaddy!

Thanks guys. 

Archived