More than 1 random question in spam prevention

Black Tiger

At this moment we have to option to use additional questions to spam prevention on registration.

However, only 1 of those questions is asked. It would be better to have more or even better a configurable amount of questions which will be asked a registrating use.

The more they have too look up, the less manual spammers and bots have  chance.

Normally I have 10 questions from which I let 3 be asked to the user. That is not too much, but mostly too much for spambots and spamming users.

Only 1 questions is really not enough to prevent spammers and neithers is IPS build in anti spamming system as it proved after the 4.4.4 when suddenly I got spammers registering which I did not have for many years before.

That is your opinion. We never had issues with that if you keep the questions short and simple. 1 questions is too little and too easy to answer for spammers.

Imho it should be configurable, so everybody could make a choice on how many questions to ask. In that case you have your 1 question, I have my 3 and others maybe 0 or 5.

Random questions is still one of the best spam preventions.

Anyway, you don't have to agree, it's a feature request, no discussion. 😉

Just now, Black Tiger said:

1 questions is too little and too easy to answer for spammers.

And this too is your opinion. If you ask things like 1 + 1, 10 * 2, country of bla bla bla, etc,, or other excellent questions, you're easily bypassed. It all depends in the question you ask.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

It all depends in the question you ask.

Correct, but I've got a lot of experience with that over the years. And I don't mind, everybody his choice. As said, you don't have to like it, it's a feature request and opinions can differ.

Archived