Allow indefinite editing of Downloads

AtariAge

I'm working on setting up the Downloads app on my site.  I have the edit permissions for users set to 60 minutes, since I've had people abuse the edit feature in the past.  However, I'd like to allow editing of files in the Downloads app indefinitely, or at least for a longer period of time.  I have given a few people access to the Downloads app to help me with testing, and they've reported that they are not able to edit their files after a short period of time.  Is there a way to allow users to have a longer edit window in Downloads, but have it be 60 minutes everywhere else?

Thank you,

..Al

Yes, but it seems to be a global setting for all content.

289242413_ScreenShot2019-07-24at4_08_05PM.thumb.png.1ed2c2bb32ac9ebb9b79c0b132941782.png

If I make the above changes to a secondary group, would this prevent people from editing any content except Files?  It would be really nice if the "Edit time restriction" was associated with each of the content types.  I'm not sure how to get around this otherwise.

..Al

No, it wouldn't.

If you set the primary group to allow the group to edit content for 60 minutes, then set a secondary group to allow the group to edit only Files indefinitely, I believe without explicitly testing that the end result would be that the users in that group combination would be able to edit all content indefinitely. The way group permissions merge is not quite as fine grained as you would need it to be to accomplish what you are describing.

Archived