Help adding a new page

noahs

Hi, so with my previous host, I was able to go into the file manager which looked like this:

12ccde3f3a56233690acdb14ad76d19e.png

I was able to drop folders in public_html that contained my built webpages and it would be added to my site as www.example.com/(folder that was added name)

Is there a way to do this with invisioncommunity? I currently own the cloud service and Ive been looking at the pages tab but don't really understand the layout.

Hi @noahs welcome to Invision Community 😀

The short answer is that there's a similar process that you do directly through the ACP, since you don't have server access.  

Start with the guide here: 

And if you need additional help, send in a support ticket.  

You can create as many custom pages as you want, where you want to use the IPS wrapper to retain the look and feel of your suite or you want to paste your custom HTML.  

4 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Hi @noahs welcome to Invision Community 😀

The short answer is that there's a similar process that you do directly through the ACP, since you don't have server access.  

Start with the guide here: 

And if you need additional help, send in a support ticket.  

You can create as many custom pages as you want, where you want to use the IPS wrapper to retain the look and feel of your suite or you want to paste your custom HTML.  

hey thanks for the reply, so I already have my folders and pathing built already is there no way to just upload them?

Can you use custom blocks to make custom code within them as the pages and drag and drop into the created page? I wanted to make an iFrame a few years ago and the quickest way was to just use blocks for the entire page contents, then make blank page and drop the block into it, not sure if you want to desing the whole page or just to insert code into the page itself 

6 hours ago, noahs said:

Is there a way to do this with invisioncommunity?

Short answer: no. 
A Community in the Cloud package is web service to run the Invision Community Suite. It is NOT a regular hosting package, where you have FTP access to upload anything you want directly to the file system. 

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

Short answer: no. 
A Community in the Cloud package is web service to run the Invision Community Suite. It is NOT a regular hosting package, where you have FTP access to upload anything you want directly to the file system. 

does invision offer a regular hosting package with ftp access?

1 hour ago, VladTheGreat said:

PS my bad, I been awake too long 😛 just realised I'm blind 

Any way you could zip the files and upload using downloads and then maybe somehow move them and unzip in another folder?

can't see that working either

1 minute ago, VladTheGreat said:

.....sounds like staff should make the option in IPS then? 😛

We do not allow independent files outside of our software on our Cloud infrastructure. With that said, Pages fully supports the ability to add custom HTML, PHP, etc... pages so if you're just wanting to add those types of one-off pages, that is one of the many purposes of Pages. There is also the ability to create custom applications/plugins for things that go beyond that. 

If you're wanting to host completely different web application software, independent files, or items outside of what I mentioned above, that would require self-hosting. What is posted in the screenshot a few replies back, though small, really looks like an independent web application. Therefore, unless it is crafted into an application/plugin intended for Invision Community, it may be better suited by self-hosting.

Archived