Sync with Wishlist Member (Wordpress)

Sergio Andres

Hi all.

I am looking for a developer to make an integration with Wordpress:

In Invision I have the Wordpress SSO plugin installed so that Wordpress users can log in to Invision. In addition, I use Subscriptions to manage two user subscriptions.

In Wordpress I have installed the Whislist Member plugin with which I manage the accesses of the users.

The idea that I have in mind is to be able to manage, from WishlistMember, the subscriptions of Invision.
The user purchases a subscription through Whislist Member and is automatically assigned the necessary permissions to access the Invision subscription.

When the subscription ends, the Invision permissions are removed.

I do not know if I have explained myself correctly.

I'm looking for a developer for this job.

My email is sergio@ayudaexcel.com

Thank you

You should be able to do this already.

Wishlist allows you to assign WordPress Roles based on the current membership - https://customers.wishlistproducts.com/article/role-manager/

You can use the role mapping feature of WordPress SSO to control access by mapping the paid roles to higher privilege member groups. As long as you keep the 'members' group with limited privileges (this is where everyone without a purchase would be assigned), you should be good to go.

Thanks for your answer,

The problem is that when the subscription to Wishlist Member expires, the Wordpress role is maintained and, therefore, also the Invision Power subscription.

I have tried to create another level of membership in which I assign another role to the user. When the paid level expires, it automatically switches to the other level. This works well, but the role does not change.

Just now, Sergio Andres said:

Thanks for your answer,

The problem is that when the subscription to Wishlist Member expires, the Wordpress role is maintained and, therefore, also the Invision Power subscription.

I have tried to create another level of membership in which I assign another role to the user. When the paid level expires, it automatically switches to the other level. This works well, but the role does not change.

That sounds odd.

Have you tried asking Wishlist if there's a way to automatically remove roles when a purchase expires? To me, that's a very logical thing to do if you're selling a subscription. If they don't have a way to do it, it would be a nice feature request for them to add an option 'return to original role on expire'

If they don't want to do that, I think your best approach would be to find a WordPress developer familiar with Wishlist that can implement that functionality within Wishlist/WordPress. Then use the existing role mapping that's in place since this approach would be much simpler and less work.

Archived