Community

Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Modding

Concert Prices

Posted (edited)

Umm... is this typical pricing for the "in" performers' concerts these days?

I saw tickets to an Ariana Grande concert here.... not just front row tickets, but the "pit general admission" area.... are $599!!!!!

Even floor tickets as far away as you can get are about $250.

And here I have been complaining about the classic rock concerts I go to costing like $80-$100. lol.

I wonder if they seriously sell most of the seats when prices are like that for such large areas of the arenas.

(ps those are prices from Ticketmaster directly, not resale ones).

edit: ok I do see the $599 ones come with some soundcheck "party" and q&a and all this other stuff, but still.... and the front floor section doesn't come with all of that and those are still $400+. lol.

Edited by Midnight Modding

35 minutes ago, Mark H said:

(But then I'm remembering $20 concerts with top rockers of the day from the 70's, lol.)

I still get tickets for $20. In fact, I'm going to one next week.

Really depends who and where. Some performers keep ticket prices reasonable, like Tom Petty I never paid over $100 for floor tickets and got back arena multiple times for ~$30-40. That of course has been 2+ years since those concerts.

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Those prices are insane. 😮

(But then I'm remembering $20 concerts with top rockers of the day from the 70's, lol.)

16 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Really depends who and where. Some performers keep ticket prices reasonable, like Tom Petty I never paid over $100 for floor tickets and got back arena multiple times for ~$30-40. That of course has been 2+ years since those concerts.

I occasionally get some right around those prices. That's why I am so shocked, though... me going to concerts like that has apparently made me not realize just how expensive the shows are for the "most popular to young people" singers and groups are now. 🙂

I oddly saw Tom Petty, soundgarden, and the guy from stone temple pilots all in the years they died in... Too bad the only time I saw Tom Petty I was at the top of an arena and so it was echoing. lol.

Bob Seger's is somewhere between $150 and $200 to be on the floor, not near the front. Also, around a decade ago I saw lynyrd skynyrd for about $30 and now they are about to be at that same place again and now it's well over $100 for just half way decent seats.

I'd have to like someone a mighty lot to spend much over $100, let alone $600. lol.

Oh and last time the rolling stones were here it was well over $100 for the seats at the TOP of the arena.

Unrelated to concerts, but check this out... I am trying to sell a brand new, unopened pc case on ebay and to ship to cali would cost more than the entire price of the case! So I'd be paying someone money to take the case form me. lol. And to top that off the shipping estimate to NY randomly changed from $22 to $50 for the same carrier. I don't know what in the world is going on.

Edited by Midnight Modding

Sign in to follow this