How does IPS handle bounced emails?

jwdenzel

I use Amazon SES for my SMTP mail service. It works great, but they require that we “have a plan” for bounced emails and complaints.  Does IPS track which emails bounce? What options do I, the admin, have to handle those bounces? If something hard bounces, can I have the system automatically unsubscribe them?

On 7/11/2019 at 11:43 AM, jwdenzel said:

I use Amazon SES for my SMTP mail service. It works great, but they require that we “have a plan” for bounced emails and complaints.  Does IPS track which emails bounce? What options do I, the admin, have to handle those bounces? If something hard bounces, can I have the system automatically unsubscribe them?

The Invision Community software does not do anything (out of the box) at this time related to bounces. It would be up to you to monitor bounces and unsubscribe people if needed.

For our Community In The Cloud clients, we handle bounces to the extent necessary (e.g. if an email address routinely bounces, we may block further emails from being sent to that address) to comply with necessary requirements implemented by the email provider we use.

Archived