Questions regarding Pages app

I havem just installed CMS at my website. And added Pages to website. Do I understand correct that this is the best way to publish articles at my website? Because I am confused as I see here, at this website so called "Our picks" and it looks like typical pages with content.

Anyway I have Pages installed. I see that comments are allowed:

1357031167_2019-07-1110_47_36.thumb.png.1d475dd4044ba8c508e70abd41b9b7e9.png

Bui in fact, there isn't option to comment when user goes to the article.

861099287_2019-07-1110_48_45.thumb.png.dd58c4000d23f404c3697ab0cac21f9f.png

But when signed in as Administrator then it is allowed to comment. So how to allow all user comment articles? Thank you for your help!

That's a per-Group, and per-Forum, setting.

Edit the Group then find and enable the setting "Can give star ratings for content?". Save the page when done and repeat for other Groups as desired.

image.png

Then edit each forum as desired and make sure "Enable Star Ratings?" is enabled.

image.png

Some things to help you out:

1. Our Picks is a totally different feature.  It's mainly used to curate great content from the community, but it has nothing to do with writing or publishing articles.  

2. There's a help guide on Pages which can help.  Pages is a complex app, but if you're looking to write articles you only need to focus on building an "articles database".  

17 hours ago, Mark H said:

That's a per-Group, and per-Forum, setting .

Edit the Group then find and enable the setting "Can give star ratings for content?". Save the page when done and repeat for other Groups as desired.

Then edit each forum as desired and make sure "Enable Star Ratings?" is enabled.

Got it! Thx 

16 hours ago, Joel R said:

Some things to help you out:

1. Our Picks is a totally different feature.  It's mainly used to curate great content from the community, but it has nothing to do with writing or publishing articles.  

2. There's a help guide on Pages which can help.  Pages is a complex app, but if you're looking to write articles you only need to focus on building an "articles database".  

It is clear Thx

Archived