Elasticsearch Version 7 & IPB?

Hello IPS users and fellows,

is there anyone running or using ES 7 services successfully with IPB 4.4.x (latest)?

If someone knows when IPB is going to support ES 7 I would be thankful, too. We have a new box which supports ES 7 natively and don't really want to downgrade the stack manually...

Thanks,
Thomas

Elasticsearch will provide vastly superior search results, however it is a remote service so your community will need to make HTTP requests to it in order to index the content, and to fetch the search results. That said, the searching is faster than MySQL particularly for larger data sets.

Generally speaking, if you get to a million or two posts, you should probably switch over to ElasticSearch. Before that point, you would really just need to try it out and see if you prefer it or not. If you have a really fast server and a relatively smaller site, you may find that local MySQL searches are sufficient, and perform faster, than a remote service.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It is coming in a future release, most likely 4.5.0. You will need to continue using ES6 until then.

Try and fix the duplicate topics issue then in unread content (I did submit a ticket but didn't get anywhere with it and had to turn it off, the issue was just affecting large topics)

Edited by marklcfc

27 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

#1040195 ignore the leaderboard part as that got fixed

I've had a look at the ticket, we do have some further Elastic search changes in 4.4.7. I would recommend upgrading when it's available and then rebuilding your search index. If the problem persists, let us know via a new ticket.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

Elastic Search 7 isn't supported at this time, you will need to use version 5 or 6.

Is it possible to use elastic search 2.3 (this is the only version available on AWS for t2.micro instance)?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

Elastic Search 7 isn't supported at this time, you will need to use version 5 or 6.

We will be adding support for v7, but I cannot confirm exactly when that will be yet.

BUMP 🙂 

Any update on this since October 2019, nearly a full year later and no update. When I tried with 4.5.x it said that it doesn't support 7.7.0 or higher

Would be great to have the latest version supported, as installing older versions of Elastic search could be a security risk. 

7.9.3. is available 🙂 

Please

On 9/26/2020 at 12:53 AM, ekforum said:

BUMP 🙂 

Any update on this since October 2019, nearly a full year later and no update. When I tried with 4.5.x it said that it doesn't support 7.7.0 or higher

Would be great to have the latest version supported, as installing older versions of Elastic search could be a security risk. 

7.9.3. is available 🙂 

Please

I totally agree ! 🙂

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 12:53 AM, ekforum said:

BUMP 🙂 

7.9.3. is available 🙂 

Please

7.10.1 now...

and Invision is still silent