Please add feature to display image EXIF data on forum image

beats23

Great idea! I'm all for this one. Maybe even be able to create a Photos forum like IPS4 already supports Questions forums. Same goes for Video forums. It is always nice to see photos and videos presented nicely to all viewers in some specific forums. Attachments just shouldn't be limited to embedding in the post body at a user configurable size. I realize that Gallery is a good option for many sites, but some of us want discussions about specific photos to be inline in the forum topics.

35 minutes ago, KT Walrus said:

Great idea! I'm all for this one. Maybe even be able to create a Photos forum like IPS4 already supports Questions forums. Same goes for Video forums. It is always nice to see photos and videos presented nicely to all viewers in some specific forums. Attachments just shouldn't be limited to embedding in the post body at a user configurable size. I realize that Gallery is a good option for many sites, but some of us want discussions about specific photos to be inline in the forum topics.

Same here. Plus 1

I created this topic seeking for a developer to create and sell an application to achieve this at a reasonable price, but no takers.

I now rely on the IPS team who has the knowledge and understandings to implement it for all their customers who're using IPS suit as a photo image forum, which are many.

Gallery already supports this - is there any reason you don't just use Gallery instead (which is software designed specifically around image sharing and processing, so it has many more functions specific to image handling, such as EXIF viewing)?

1 minute ago, bfarber said:

Gallery already supports this - is there any reason you don't just use Gallery instead (which is software designed specifically around image sharing and processing, so it has many more functions specific to image handling, such as EXIF viewing)?

Hi, yes I have gallery but my members usually upload their images direct in a forum topic as an attachment and discuss about their images there. Majority don't use the gallery app. It would be nice to have a feature to display the EXIF data as an overlay or beneath each photo in the forums.

Can you please add this feature. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, beats23 said:

Hi, yes I have gallery but my members usually upload their images direct in a forum topic as an attachment and discuss about their images there. Majority don't use the gallery app. It would be nice to have a feature to display the EXIF data as an overlay or beneath each photo in the forums.

Can you please add this feature. 

@beats23 Did you ever find a solution for this?  Running a photography site on a different forum platform our experience is the same, that members prefer to simply attach their photos to forum posts instead of going through the gallery.  On that platform I'm using a bespoke add-on to display the EXIF data but am curious if there is an IPS solution to do the same task.

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilkinson said:

@beats23 Did you ever find a solution for this?  Running a photography site on a different forum platform our experience is the same, that members prefer to simply attach their photos to forum posts instead of going through the gallery.  On that platform I'm using a bespoke add-on to display the EXIF data but am curious if there is an IPS solution to do the same task.

Hi no. 
I am hoping ips can add this feature but it looks like they won’t 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived