More power for forums permissions

kmk

Hello, I know we have Inbox for more control of privacy of conversation, but all of we platform work is centered around forums style. Right now our communication structure are separate forums and inbox, is possible insert the advantage of inbox into the forums style administration? 

If give us this communication centered under the forums style administration, is very helpful for team work and we don't have to say to our members, for these reasons use forums and use inbox for others reasons, this make our forum site more powerful to administrate apart of topics, at the sametime more control of privacy in the topics under forums. 

More easy to say my request, let me create an topic that can choose which members(who are already with permission to see and use the same forum) can read and reply. 

22 hours ago, kmk said:

More easy to say my request, let me create an topic that can choose which members(who are already with permission to see and use the same forum) can read and reply. 

Or any idea how I can achieve this?? 

11 minutes ago, Jennifer M said:

There is an option to let members see their own topics or other topics and then staff, with permission, can also see those topics.

image.png

This work for the case of one member to staff members. And is applied for whole forum. 

My request is for inside of a forum, open a topic that can set visible for specifics members. Like an inbox message can add members, but inside the forum environment. 

1 minute ago, kmk said:

My request is for inside of a forum, open a topic that can set visible for specifics members. Like an inbox message can add members, but inside the forum environment. 

This is easily achieved via plugin. There is no way to do this with core software, which is per-group permission based. 

@Jennifer M

Not possible integrate the inbox inside the forum environment? The logic is same like adding features in clubs. 

Maybe who are so experienced ips player don't like this idea, but at least can give the option? Maybe for some is an innovative setting. 

If we have this option, we can avoid go to 2 separately communication systems, reduce the learning curve of how to play our forum, good experience for new member. EASY COMMUNICATION AND POWERFUL 

7 hours ago, kmk said:

@Jennifer M

Not possible integrate the inbox inside the forum environment? The logic is same like adding features in clubs. 

Maybe who are so experienced ips player don't like this idea, but at least can give the option? Maybe for some is an innovative setting. 

Why not just use the Clubs feature?

4 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Couldn't you use a password-protected forum (or password-protected topic, which @Adriano Faria has an app for)?

Not convenient, I have differents forums for staff members, but some time inside a forum we need to start a topic but only for specific staff members. 

Similar here, when we to start a topic with some members specifically we use messenger, but the messenger is something separate of forum, because visually is not inside the forum area to use it. 

How can put a messenger link Icon below the forum Start Topic? 

I have the Mark forum as read hided, I would like see the messenger icon or name here. 

What I want to do is give a communication environment designed for staff collaboration, they don't need go to outside of the place to find other messenger feature and learning when use forum and when use messenger. Right now the people mostly use the gmail, I would not like give them other Gmail inbox inside my site, I would like give them all integrated into communication center environment. 

For people don't are ips players, for newbies, give their more reasons to continue use my ips system. 🙂

IMG_20190713_081918.jpg

On 7/12/2019 at 5:17 PM, kmk said:

Can not play who can see, read, reply, member to staff etc.

Or in club the inbox can be added as feature? 

By 'play' I am assuming there is a language issue here and you mean that you're unable to set who can see, read, and reply to posts made in the forum that's part of the Club?

I honestly think Clubs (from what I have been able to understand of your request) is the solution you need.

Clubs allows the same forum, gallery, blog, and calendar functionality as the rest of the suite.  No more, no less.  

The only difference is instead of a big community using forums, you can now have a small using forums  

I think what @kmk desires is actually a group chat tool, and not an open community tool.  

Archived