Registration Emails Go To Spam

I am getting extremely aggravated as I have never encountered this when using other forum software.

Every registration validation email ends up in the members SPAM folder, the IP is not blacklisted, I have my DKIM and SPF records in place, reverse DNS...nothing helps.

Any thoughts, I know there must be someone on here who can help me out.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

A quick check and most of this is likely setup related on your mail server for your domain.

The RDNS info doesn't match your SMTP banner, this is a common check to deal with spam, you are missing DMARC Policy,  your host may be able to help sort those issues for you.

17 hours ago, Rhett said:

A quick check and most of this is likely setup related on your mail server for your domain.

The RDNS info doesn't match your SMTP banner, this is a common check to deal with spam, you are missing DMARC Policy,  your host may be able to help sort those issues for you.

Thank you! I can't believe I went so long with this issue.

Just for FYI in case anyone self hosted with a WHM/cPanel server wants to do this for themselves:

WHM>>Email>>Email Deliverability

The server will provide checks and recommend necessary DNS changes.

My IP however was binded with the wrong host name. The Host did have to change this one part.

Issue was resolved as soon as the DNS propagated!

23 hours ago, Rhett said:

The RDNS info doesn't match your SMTP banner,

Hello,

I'm having the same problem too (but I have DMARC policy). How can I check this RDNS/smtp banner problem ?

Thank you. 🙂

10 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

Hello,

I'm having the same problem too (but I have DMARC policy). How can I check this RDNS/smtp banner problem ?

Thank you. 🙂

Yes you do, your SMTP banner doesn't match either, which will likely cause issues, I would get with your host to correct this or see above from the other user.  Your RDNS resolves, but to a general name that doesn't match anything, if you are on shared hosting, likely not much you can do, if this is a dedicated or vps you should be able to correct this though, which will help with delivery. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived